Droid X Locked in Safe Mode

moneyshot1123

Reaction score
I have a DX locked in safe mode after wiping. Backup assistant automatically comes up, asking to sync, which it won't since there is no service on the phone. Cannot get it to come out of safe mode either. Someone please help! Or buy the phone for parts, whichever you'd rather do.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
I have a DX locked in safe mode after wiping. Backup assistant automatically comes up, asking to sync, which it won't since there is no service on the phone. Cannot get it to come out of safe mode either. Someone please help! Or buy the phone for parts, whichever you'd rather do.

Have you activated the phone? Dial *228 and select option 1 to activate it. That's all it sounds like to me.

OP
M

moneyshot1123

Reaction score
Have you activated the phone? Dial *228 and select option 1 to activate it. That's all it sounds like to me.

When it boots, it goes directly into Backup Assistant. Can't even get to the dialer. Battery pull was the first thing I tried.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
When it boots, it goes directly into Backup Assistant. Can't even get to the dialer. Battery pull was the first thing I tried.

Try booting into the stock recovery. Do a factory reset on it and see what happens from there. It should take care of it. If not, you can either sbf it or take it to VZW store and tell them something got screwed up and see if they'll replace it for you.

OP
M

moneyshot1123

Reaction score
It has done this before and after I sbf'ed it. I'm tempted to just sell it for parts and be done with it.