Droid x help

sdavis630

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has found a good way to refresh the device without actually rebooting it? I run into problems with the market not downloading apps because I need to clear the cache or physically force stop it from running. Is there a way to fix some of these issues without going to each app? I know task killers are not good and the System Panel App is good but doesn't actually help force close an app if needed.

Would be nice if there was a way to prevent apps from opening on their own or at all!

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can use system panel to FC an app if you need to.

you can root to remove bloat apps if they bother u that much

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I use Titanium Backup to freeze what I don't want. A lot less fc's for me. But once again you have to be rooted.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Abe is right on SystemPanel - if you open SP, long press on any app, there is an option to "end task"...

You can also force close an app thru the phone settings - applications - manage applications - all or running...open app, click force close.

ColoradoVibe

Reaction score
Droid X 2.2 camcorder won't work
It's worked in the past, but now when I try to use the camcorder, and hit the record button, the camcorder shuts down and defaults to the home screen. Before hitting the record button however, it tells me I need to set the location under settings. Any help would be appreciated.

erict

Reaction score
Abe is right on SystemPanel - if you open SP, long press on any app, there is an option to "end task"...

You can also force close an app thru the phone settings - applications - manage applications - all or running...open app, click force close.

What do you mean by "system panel"?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
You mentioned needing to clear cache. If you're rooted there are apps for that or you can do it manually in recovery but that's more work and requires reboot

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Its an app on the market worth checking out. Very good system manager.

Sent from my DROIDX

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

erict

Reaction score

Its an app on the market worth checking out. Very good system manager.

Sent from my DROIDX

Looks like a really nice app. Just for the record, I am running 2.1 and it's a stock phone. So will this app still work on my phone?