Droid X Discontinued

roach

Reaction score
when a phone is discontinued does that mean there not made anymore or they don't want too make anymore?

Chillout

Reaction score
Even though it's not made anymore, it doesn't mean that you can't get replacements for it through your insurance or warranty should you need it. They have such a huge inventory of them that it will be quite awhile before they literally don't have any left. Hell they even have the original droid still in stock for insurance purposes.

You'll still get OTA updates for the foreseeable future as well.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Even though it's not made anymore, it doesn't mean that you can't get replacements for it through your insurance or warranty should you need it. They have such a huge inventory of them that it will be quite awhile before they literally don't have any left. Hell they even have the original droid still in stock for insurance purposes.

You'll still get OTA updates for the foreseeable future as well.

I don't know, protect cell sent me a dx2 as replacement for my x because they don't have any x's and I doubt they ever will.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Chillout

Reaction score
I don't know, protect cell sent me a dx2 as replacement for my x because they don't have any x's and I doubt they ever will.

I was hoping Asurion would send me a DX2 instead when I recently had to send mine back after it broke. they said they had plenty of DX's though, maybe it just depends on the insurance carrier?

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I was pissed when I got a x2 to say the least lol, but you may be right