Droid X Camera

fatalerror99

Reaction score
Ok I really need some help here. I dunno what on earth the problem is but my camera is now totally useless on my DROID X. It all began about 2 days ago when I tried to record a video with the camcorder. It didn't save it. I tried again and it didn't save again. I rebooted the phone and tried again. Still nothing. This morning I tried it once more. I got an error message saying "oops can not launch camcorder at this time please try again later" (or something like that). Also during all of this I was still able to take normal pictures. So I left it alone for a few hours. Just a few min ago I tried it again. It froze my phone so I had to pull the battery. Now that I have restarted my phone, I can't use the camera at all. Once I launch it, I just get a blank black screen. I really have no idea what's going on and really need some help. I've been trying to work on some youtube videos and I can't even record those. My phone is running the latest OTA update of Gingerbread and not rooted. Again, everything else seems perfectly fine except for this. And this is the first time I have ever encountered this problem. If anyone can help with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ir3 s13

Reaction score
You can try clearing the "Cache", "data" under the "Camera" app. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>(select the "All" tab)>(select "Camera")>Select "Clear data" and "clear Cache" (which ever button is selectable) **this WILL NOT delete any picture/videos you have saved on the SD** hope that helps you

OP
F

fatalerror99

Reaction score
You can try clearing the "Cache", "data" under the "Camera" app. Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications>(select the "All" tab)>(select "Camera")>Select "Clear data" and "clear Cache" (which ever button is selectable) **this WILL NOT delete any picture/videos you have saved on the SD** hope that helps you

Oops-Edit. After after clearing data it seems alright. Not 100 percent sure yet though. I will be filming a 10 min video soon though. So if anything happens ill be sure to post it. Thanks for now though. :)

OP
F

fatalerror99

Reaction score
Yea didn't see the clear data part the first time (was quickly looking lol) but after doing that it seems good for now. After I attempt to record the video ill post an update.

ir3 s13

Reaction score
If your camcorder seems like it corrupts files when it saves you can try to open the camcorder app, go to options and uncheck the "Tag location" seems to work for me

OP
F

fatalerror99

Reaction score
I actually just did that. I don't need it to tag my location anyway

OP
F

fatalerror99

Reaction score
Ok well it is now doing it again. Even after clearing the data, cache, and rebooting the phone it still is messing up. Not sure what the problem is but it just does not want to work.

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
time to go to verizon... Is it under warranty still? got insurance?

Sometimes crap screws up though through no fault of your own.... Seems like you need to get ready to be without a working phone for a few days while a new (read refurbished) phone is shipped to you.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.... but I am the bringer of the truth... no matter if it hurts your feelings or not. lol :D

OP
F

fatalerror99

Reaction score
time to go to verizon... Is it under warranty still? got insurance?

Sometimes crap screws up though through no fault of your own.... Seems like you need to get ready to be without a working phone for a few days while a new (read refurbished) phone is shipped to you.

Probably not what you wanted to hear.... but I am the bringer of the truth... no matter if it hurts your feelings or not. lol :D

Fortunately, yes. I do have insurance and it still should be under warranty. I got it for christmas last year. But perhaps your right. It can be big reds problem. Who knows, maybe I can even trade this and my old Droid for a bionic lol.