droid x camera....enlighten me...

slvrncld

Reaction score
I have been trying to find that magic place that my photos go to after i snap a pic. I was told they go to the SDcard, they aren't there...i was told that i need to enter a 'quick upload email address', they don't go there, i was told to save each one as a wallpaper first and they would be saved to the phone...that's a lie, they aren't on the 'camera roll', and i cannot pull them up using the gallery or the other viewers i have..., what do i do??

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If it is the same as the original Droid the pictures are on the SD card in the DCIM/Camera folder. Video is under DCIM/Video I think.

OP
S

slvrncld

Reaction score
If it is the same as the original Droid the pictures are on the SD card in the DCIM/Camera folder. Video is under DCIM/Video I think.

I am still curious...,where is this 'DCIM' folder....its not under 'files'...how do i access it?

sn1perxx

Reaction score

I am still curious...,where is this 'DCIM' folder....its not under 'files'...how do i access it?

Wow man lol- ok dude, plug in your phone, ON the phone, select 'USB Drive'

Go to My Computer, open the new drive letter, go to DCIM, then camera.

sn1perxx

Reaction score

Also, if you can't handle that, get an iphone.

OP
S

slvrncld

Reaction score

Also, if you can't handle that, get an iphone.

Several things. 1. Until Verizon gets an Iphone, that would not be an option. Because for me, unlike a lot of the people on these boards, the phone service is still more important than the phone.
2. When you say "plug the phone in", you need to finish your sentence and say, 'to your home computer', instead of potentially under explaining your sarcasm riddled explaination.
3. If it is true that i need a home computer to access photos the normal phone camera takes, it at least makes all the superior Droid X users statement about "unleashing yourself from your computer" a ridiculous statement. Instead of attempting to appear smart to your fellow board members, try realizing some people here are new to this and be friendly with the help you offer...because that is a perfect example of why new people will hope to find their issue by coming here, but they wont post their question, for fear of a similar response. You should remember though, the age of 'forum rambos' is over, and no one is impressed. It's like Motorolas half useful "help center" on the phone, there is no mention there about being dependent on a real computer for photo access.

I know there's at least 1 app i can use that has a normal camera shot i can use and access those photos in the programs folder, but there is no zoom, but i still don't think that should even be necassary.

ccartertn

Reaction score
You should see the dcim/camera folder under Phone files in the Files app that came with the phone. You may consider the free app Astro for other file manager functions or another app more specific to managing photos.

CC

OP
S

slvrncld

Reaction score
You should see the dcim/camera folder under Phone files in the Files app that came with the phone. You may consider the free app Astro for other file manager functions or another app more specific to managing photos.

CC

Its not there...i have looked 20 times, it does not exist. But i have not plugged the phone into my computer yet either...don't know why i should need to, but im going to do it and see what i find. "FX Camera" has a 'normal' option to take pics in, and that's what i have been using...but no zoom with that app. Even the 'quick upload' to my email does not appear to work...I'll check out Astro...maybe it will find something for me.,Thanks.

OP
S

slvrncld

Reaction score
End of issue. Called Verizon, customer service lady recognized it as a problem on "some" X's. They are sending me a new phone by Tuesday. Maybe their customer service don't suck as bad as i once thought :)