Droid X Bluetooth problem

Vamilion

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my Droid X with another device via Bluetooth. I have tried it with another mobile phone, and two macbook pros. Every time the phone pairs successfully, but will not connect to the device. I cannot send or receive files with the other device. My droid X says connected to panu when I connect it to the computer, but it gives me an error message when I try to send a video I recorded on the Droid X to the Macbook Pro.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Vam

Last edited:

Ivanhoensandiego

Reaction score
Droidx Bluetooth problem with Motorola HF850 car kit

I finally made the jump from my Razr phone to the DroidX -- Woodstock typewritter tech to warp drive is my favorite analogy. That said, my trusted HF850 car kit that has deligently worked with my last four phones will pair and link to the DroidX fine. Then every 15 seconds it disconnects, the bluetooth starts flashing, links again and the system beeps to let you know it's connected. This then repeats over and over again. My H500 earpiece works perfectly.

I went through hell trying to get answers from Verizon. I was sent to Motorola and was told initally that my 850 used bluetooth version 1.2 and the DroidX needed 2.1. I asked if the newer version HF1000 would work and they said it would. But when I checked their web site it said it also used version 1.2. I called back and the story changed that their using the Google software and they're waiting for a software update which jives with what my friends were told who bought the first Droid months ago.

Anybody have a car kit that works now?