Droid X battery life

kpiskin

Reaction score
To me light usage is mainly using the phone when I get notifications (emails, craigslist updates, texts etc).

wooball

Reaction score
After calibrating (letting it die), the Battery Left widget reports 8 hours, 41 minutes, left for a 100% charge on my DX. Of course, mileage varies with use. My "old" Droid would report in the 12 hour neighborhood. I have been pounding it with HD videos at full screen brightness...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have been through two cycles letting it drain and recharge. Unplugged last night and has been off for 16 hours. I checked FB once and received no txt, email or calls and I am down to 30%. Says 59 % was cell standby 28 % was display and 10 % was phone idle and 6 % percent was phone call I just got while posting this. I can't take not being able to use a phone cause the battery can't hang. Going to call Verizon and see what they say, might be going back to my reliable blackberry.

wooball

Reaction score
BTW, I use the the DX Battery Manager's, Smart Mode battery profile.

hedbutter

Reaction score
I had the incredible for 2 weeks, DX since thursday. The only reason i traded in was battery life, because it would be cheaper than buying a new battery.

Incredible:
I shut down any apps that i previously downloaded and some of the preloaded apps, leaving only grooveshark running for an entire work day (8-4:30, grooveshark off maybe 30 min to an hour). This would leave me with between 4%-10% battery (According to battery widget).
Droid X:
I still have grooveshark running, however, i also leave other apps in the background (gmail, facebook, browser, maps, etc..) and have yet to get below 30% at the end of the work day. On its first full charge, it went an entire day of work streaming grooveshark, after work going to the bar and using it sparingly and lasted untill approximately 1 AM, and had 5% when i shut it off.

Personally, the DX was the way to go for me, i have 0 complaints so far, and the person who did the exchange at the verizon store told me he wouldnt have even sold me the incredible because of its battery life. I Hope this helps and welcome if you switch over.

Forgot to add that i use the smart phone setting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe the update that we are all supposed to be getting today addresses the battery issues that some of you have experienced. I purchased the phone plus one spare battery. (I have a battery wall charger coming today from eBay.)

I think one of the issues it resolves has to do with the battery meter being correct... I noticed that both my batteries appeared to report very fast drainage even though I let them both "die" and charged them to 100% on first use.

martinc31415

Reaction score
And don't forget that Verizon will release a mega-battery for the DX that will provide about a quarter more power than the stock one (with a modified case cover) for those who need it.

"mega-battery" = 25% more life.

Wow, the bar for calling something "mega" is set pretty low these days. :/