Droid X as a camera, yuck

OP
Gene Hirschman

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
Tried fx camera briefly this morning and it is a better choice than the stock Droid camera setup. Haven't had a chance to really give it a workout but from what little I've done with it, its better.
BTW: I looked at PROZOOM 5x and from the reviews, it won't work with upgraded Droid X.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Overall Im happy with the Xs pictures...considering its a phone..the video quality isnt nearly as good,I get skips and stutters all the time on video,I cant believe its supposedly 720P,resolution, it isnt very good....the Xs camera is the one area where it is noticeably better than my droid 1s camera,hands down much better...

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
i have the opposite issue

Overall Im happy with the Xs pictures...considering its a phone..the video quality isnt nearly as good,I get skips and stutters all the time on video,I cant believe its supposedly 720P,resolution, it isnt very good....the Xs camera is the one area where it is noticeably better than my droid 1s camera,hands down much better...

MY videos are great , its just my dam pictures look fuzzy n I even wipe my camera lens before i take a Pic . Also crazy but my DROID 1 takes fantastic pictures n video always has . weird man weird !

Technoman

Reaction score
Tried fx camera briefly this morning and it is a better choice than the stock Droid camera setup. Haven't had a chance to really give it a workout but from what little I've done with it, its better.
BTW: I looked at PROZOOM 5x and from the reviews, it won't work with upgraded Droid X.

Prozoom 5x works fine for me on my stock 2.2 Droid X. Have had that APP from a very early time with my Droid 1, but mostly I use the stock X camera APP. Works just fine for me. My only issue is the flash over-saturates. I wish we could control how strong the flash is, or it had better control automatically.

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
Man I really im starting to think about returning my DROID X and making them give me a new one ., cause my other MOTO D 1ST GEN takes awesome pics n this one doesnt . I thank you guys for your suggestions on the apps but really we shouldnt have to get an app to make an 8mgp cam look good it should work flawless . I mean my video is fine but f*** this camera really even after playing with the different scene setting and all still ALL my pics look fuzzy UNLESS they are taken outside in daylight , inside with light or no light & flash they are fuzzy n pixelated . FML !

bgillyjcu

Reaction score
Another Round of Pictures Posted on the Blog all taken with my Droid X!!

My biggest problem is EVERY time I take a picture with the Flash it doesn't take the first try. I ALWAYS have to retake.