Droid X and Droid 2 Already Getting Projected ‘End of Life’ Dates

RK KINGKONG

Reaction score
dam im sorry to hear this but hey whatever i always upgrade and look for new things , phones are no different from PC's .. You buy the top of the line model today and by next month yours is a dinosaur. LOL oh well . thanks for the heads up though

Jenlj78

Reaction score
Crazy! I would love to know what some of the dates were for other phones. I would almost bet (if I were a betting person) that it was even a shorter span for them :)

Rindaen

Reaction score
So the Phone that was jsut released is EOL in ONE Year?
No further support, No OS Patches or Upgrades?

Really starting to regret moving from iOS :icon_evil:

Pandemic187

Reaction score
This was posted in the news section yesterday:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/74673-current-droids-eol-3-31-2011-a.html

But really, the fact they already have end-of-life dates doesn't mean anything. People have to work, which means they will always be designing something new. And there are managers and whatnot who plan things very far in advance. Other than providing support after purchase, every electronics maker puts every product they make in the past the minute it's released to the market.

Pandemic187

Reaction score
So the Phone that was jsut released is EOL in ONE Year?
No further support, No OS Patches or Upgrades?

Really starting to regret moving from iOS :icon_evil:
That article says there should be updates beyond the 8-month EOL date. And aren't you only eligible for an upgrade every two years? Unless I'm wrong, it wouldn't make sense for Verizon to try to make people want to upgrade before their upgrade date.

Oh, and of course there will be updated ROMs released here well beyond those EOLs...:D

myth90045

Reaction score
I think the EOL for the D2 and x, would coincide with Verizon's roll out of LTE which is supposed to come out next year.

With LTE I think the phones would need all new hardware radios to connect to LTE.

just a thought.

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score