Droid wont stay running and boot loop..Reinstall Froyo 2.2?

cowsgonemadd3

Reaction score
I have a non rooted droid incredible I download the 2.2 update by the update manager built in or it was already downloaded when I got this phone. I have had it for a little over 3 months I think and all the sudden its acting up.

It just randomly restarts then goes into a reboot loop that may take a hour for it to actually come on and many times of taking the battery out and leaving it out.

Now it will hardly stay on at all. It is un-reliable and useless. I switched to my droid 2 for now.

I was trying to install froyo 2.2 again by manual update.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/31/manual-update-droid-incredible-to-android-2-2/

Named the file update(.zip) and it gave this error:

Install from sdcard
Finding update package
opening update package
installing update
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop". robuild.fingerprint")
== "verizon/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ere27/161494:user/release-keys" ||
file_getprop("/system/build.prop". robuild.fingerprint")
== "verizon_wwe/inc/inc/inc:2.1-update1/ere27/203589:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted

I read to do this

I definitely found a way to fix this Status 7 error. After using PB31MG to go back to stock, make sure you reboot, then install the REGULAR update from verizon that will pop up (it will ask you if you want to install it, SAY YES!) , then reboot again, THEN remove PB31MG from your sd card, put the OTA update.zip on, THEN install that update.zip that is the OTA. I read this at XDA. you're welcome everyone.
I have no idea where you get PB31MG at though. Or am I even doing this right? See as the phone is it is useless. I dont want to sell it and lose money(paid 140 for it) but I might have to if I cant fix it.

Thanks for any help!

smtom

Reaction score
Sure that's not the 2.1 update? Look at the text in the message.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It doesn't look you like you were doing the latest update. It should be November time frame.

Try the RUU method that razor posted above.

OP
C

cowsgonemadd3

Reaction score
HTC sync did not find my phone but it was not needed to do this? I downloaded both but since the sync did not work I used the other thing to install the 2.2 again. It did but the phone still does not work right. In fact it is actually worse now.

It just restarts randomly and does reboot loops and wont come on for a long time.

What else can I try?

OP
C

cowsgonemadd3

Reaction score
Anyone know what else I can try to make this phone more reliable?