Droid won't charge and won't turn on )=

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
I turned it off last night at 10% battery. My phone has a nasty habbit of still using juice while it's turned off though but didn't worry about it as I was just going to charge it in the morning. Well I go to plug it in and it boots up loads the OS and then it reboots. It keeps doing this faster and faster (less time before reboots)

I then tried plugging it into a computer and the white light comes on but i can't seem to turn it on still. Any ideas on what to do? I swapped batteries with another droid and it worked though

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like bad battery.

What you could do is make sure you plug it into an outlet and leave it plugged in while turned off for about 20 minutes. I would then disconnect the outlet and then turn it on.

If that doesn't work, then just grab a new battery from Amazon or something, they're fairly cheap.

OP
R

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
I let it sit charging on the PC for a while. I couldn't do the wall charger because it would attempt an auto boot every time. After a while It started loading the bootloader so I replugged it into the wall and now it is working again. The battery must have gotten dangerously low. I'm surprised a cell didn't go bad.
Thanks for the help though!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Oh right I forgot, you can't plug the OG Droid without it booting up. Did you let it sit charging on the PC while turned off? At least I recall this was possible.

Judging from the info you've provided, I'd just go with a new battery. You already know it works so why stress over something as simple as a battery, right?