Droid ultra or droid maxx

Some people are excited... I've already seen 2 ultra maxx's that that crashed and burned....not good..but there's always bad ones that roll off the assembly line. I do like the battery of the maxx though...3500Mah is a big battery. .

I myself.... I've been away too long. Phones aren't exciting to me right now...lol

Sometime i feel the same i dislike sd card option being away. Maybe with 64 gb i wouldnt mind not caring about internal

Just got my RAZR HD 4 months ago. So I don't care about these phones. But the RAZR HD will be my last Moto.
I will not buy a phone without a card slot.
I see people everywhere saying: Well, I guess I don't need a card slot...
And slowly but surely, Google wins and gets everyone to stop caring about having an SD card. Now we have to pay more for our phones to get larger storage. Now we have to start storing all our music on Google servers. Now we have to use more data to get our stuff.
People used to speak with their dollars. Now, it seems, marketing is winning.
Remember the good old days when the first Droid came out? How we loved to compare it to the iPPhone because we had a memory slot? How much we LOVED that extrra storage? Have we forgotten those days?
I have not. I will only support companies with my dollars that continue to give me what I want: Samsung, Sony, and LG.

The only problem is the newest top tier phones have no SD.
LG G2? No card slot.
HTC One? No card slot.

Google changed the files system and manufacturers are dumping SD.
Most do now support USB OTG.
What some company should do is come up with an OTG case with a SD/Micro SD slot.

Hmmmmmm.

Just got my RAZR HD 4 months ago. So I don't care about these phones. But the RAZR HD will be my last Moto.
I will not buy a phone without a card slot.
I see people everywhere saying: Well, I guess I don't need a card slot...
And slowly but surely, Google wins and gets everyone to stop caring about having an SD card. Now we have to pay more for our phones to get larger storage. Now we have to start storing all our music on Google servers. Now we have to use more data to get our stuff.
People used to speak with their dollars. Now, it seems, marketing is winning.
Remember the good old days when the first Droid came out? How we loved to compare it to the iPPhone because we had a memory slot? How much we LOVED that extrra storage? Have we forgotten those days?
I have not. I will only support companies with my dollars that continue to give me what I want: Samsung, Sony, and LG.

I happen to agree with PereDroid on this. As this Motorola device is my first and last, I will not spend the amount of money that these devices cost so that I can not have an SD Card storage slot. For me it was difficult enough to give up the removable battery, which that was a God sent considering the earlier devices (mainly HTC) often froze (at random) and a battery pull was required. Now, with the deletion of the SD Card it does not work for me. Looking at that last OTA that we received for the XT926, if you lost Root with an Unlocked Bootloader you could restore Root by adding SuperSU to the storage card and rebooting into Recovery. What is going to happen for those of you that purchase these devices that do not have SD Card slots or storage. What happens when Root Exploits are patched, are you going to wait for another or in most cases pray for another Exploit to be discovered? I'm not going to allow that to happen to me. I've already made up my mind as I'm going to go over to the Galaxy Note 3, the expandable storage is plentiful and if they stick with the removable battery, then that is a bonus. As for size, I really don't mind, I've looking to consolidate my usage into something like a phablet then a separate Android device and a laptop. Besides if the S-Pen advancements are there as they have been rumored then all the better.

I will leave this for all of those moving onwards to Google's Grand Plan of relying on their Servers for your life's enjoyment. There is a product that is development, it is available for some devices already, it expands External Memory through the Micro-USB slot, which it is a Mini MicroSD Card Reader. Certainly is something that is well worth considering as card slots continue to disappear.

Dont worry if samsung goes with that option of removing sd card next year. Then, what company you going with then ? Lg remove the sd card along with htc last year. And, Motorola is listening to Google not to their own as ceo is from google remember they replace San Jay. Worst mistake Google ever made. They should of kept him as CEO and fired over 10,000 employer from Motorola in that process.

Google is as evil as Apple bunch of hypocrites.

Team DROID

Agree with PereDroid and KaChow on this. As long as there are phone models that have the SD card slot, those are the ones that I will consider buying.

Well with what you just said i might just get Droid Ultra after all look at mini micro sd card reader.

Boy you save me from going to Samsung. Im going to share this info on separate forum.

I happen to agree with PereDroid on this. As this Motorola device is my first and last, I will not spend the amount of money that these devices cost so that I can not have an SD Card storage slot. For me it was difficult enough to give up the removable battery, which that was a God sent considering the earlier devices (mainly HTC) often froze (at random) and a battery pull was required. Now, with the deletion of the SD Card it does not work for me. Looking at that last OTA that we received for the XT926, if you lost Root with an Unlocked Bootloader you could restore Root by adding SuperSU to the storage card and rebooting into Recovery. What is going to happen for those of you that purchase these devices that do not have SD Card slots or storage. What happens when Root Exploits are patched, are you going to wait for another or in most cases pray for another Exploit to be discovered? I'm not going to allow that to happen to me. I've already made up my mind as I'm going to go over to the Galaxy Note 3, the expandable storage is plentiful and if they stick with the removable battery, then that is a bonus. As for size, I really don't mind, I've looking to consolidate my usage into something like a phablet then a separate Android device and a laptop. Besides if the S-Pen advancements are there as they have been rumored then all the better.

I will leave this for all of those moving onwards to Google's Grand Plan of relying on their Servers for your life's enjoyment. There is a product that is development, it is available for some devices already, it expands External Memory through the Micro-USB slot, which it is a Mini MicroSD Card Reader. Certainly is something that is well worth considering as card slots continue to disappear.

Last edited:
I'm on with the sd card crew...I will worry about no phone having one which I truly don't think it will happen ...I will NOT get one without one...

As for if I had to choose between both phones a Maxx would be the choice...Ultra with it's glossy back is a no go...Maxx has a nicer build...

Read the page what kachow put you dont need an sd slot with this mini micro sd adapter is like having pc that use the usb drive.

While I give credit to whoever that created this SD card/mini USB Extender as it is very helpful for those that purchase devices without SD card storage. It is not solution and should not be viewed as a reason to purchase a device with internal only storage. It still is temporary solution, after all it would be hard to charge the device with a half-inch plug sticking out of the side of the device. In which case something's still gotta go.

Back