Droid two Reception issues? i think?

bigdad84

Reaction score
i am new to the droid 2 and i have a bit of a problem on my hands that i cant seem to figure out. okay, so i cant send or recieve texts. and when i try to make a call my bars all disapear.... but i can use internet as i am listening to pandora right now the phones beside me. its 3g service too.. i dont know... did i mess something up in the setiing?

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i am new to the droid 2 and i have a bit of a problem on my hands that i cant seem to figure out. okay, so i cant send or recieve texts. and when i try to make a call my bars all disapear.... but i can use internet as i am listening to pandora right now the phones beside me. its 3g service too.. i dont know... did i mess something up in the setiing?

You know what it kind of sounds like? Your phone needs to be activated. The phone part of it, that is.

So, dial *228 and select option 1. Let it do it's thing and will tell you if activation was successful. Do it even if you've already done this before.

Then follow that up with the same number but this time take option 2. This will update your preferred roaming list. It may have nothing to do with your issue, or it might. Either way do it and try to remember to do that at least once every couple of months.

Let me know how that works for you.

OP
B

bigdad84

Reaction score
even if i dial that i lose all my bars again and there is no voice for activation or whatever. and i know it did work because i was in another town. i had sent a ton of textx and made a couple calls. its just weird that its doing this and its drawing me away from the droid.....

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then give Verizon a call, because if you can't call them there is something wrong with your phone. Or account. It may be you have a bad phone but if that's the case you have a warranty. Use it.

Verizons number is 1-800-837-4966.

Michael Brasel

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my phone. I have tried to call verizon several times about the problem but all of my bars of reception go away. Also my phone will randomly shut off and most of the time it will not connect to the internet. Should I take it in to a verizon store?

C

ctalley316

I had this issue and VZW just sent me a new phone...
Twice!
Now I am waiting for #3.
I travel literally from coast to coast each year. It isn't a reception issue.
(Maybe you got my old refurbished phone) ha ha

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

xan

Reaction score
I had this issue and VZW just sent me a new phone...
Twice!
Now I am waiting for #3.
I travel literally from coast to coast each year. It isn't a reception issue.
(Maybe you got my old refurbished phone) ha ha

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Welcome to the wonderful of so called "certified" replacements! I hope you have better luck than me...( im on my 5th since feb)

C

ctalley316

3 xs and your out...

My view is if I have another issue...
I will fight for another phone.
What phone you may ask?
I dont know.
I dont really care... just want one that works as it is supposed to.
LOVE DROIDS!
but may switch to iPhone 5 when it arrives.
My husbands Incredible has been issue free.
Anyway...
tired of refurbish issues.

xan

Reaction score
if you do get vrz to swap for different model take them up on it right then, or atleast record the conversation... one tech rep said i could get a different model since so many DX's were bad....so i went to store to play with other models. at the store they said they saw the notes saying i could get a different one, but they couldn't actually process the order at the store and that CS could only do it over the phone. went home and called vrz and the notes were changed to say i get another refurbished DX only.

they sure seemd to treat me way better before i was locked into a contract...now they stick me with broken stuff, while i keep having to pay a monthly fee to set up "new" phones.

C

ctalley316

policies...

VZW I thought had a 3 time replacement policy.
Everyone I know if they had to have their phone replaced 3 times they can get a likewise replacement. My husband went from Droid X to the Incredible. No issues with his Incredible.
I never deal with the store for a new or different phone. CS is ALWAYS your best bet...

xan

Reaction score
VZW I thought had a 3 time replacement policy.
Everyone I know if they had to have their phone replaced 3 times they can get a likewise replacement. My husband went from Droid X to the Incredible. No issues with his Incredible.
I never deal with the store for a new or different phone. CS is ALWAYS your best bet...

i was told they no longer do that, because the manufacture's insisted.(not that i believe it was oem's, and not a VgreedyRZ policy)

spider210

Reaction score
Yah the warranty provided through manufacture. If you change phones that is money lost to vzw.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk