Droid Turbo "free" this weekend...

tomad9

Reaction score
To me it's more than adequate. I'm not hung up on having the phone with the best possible camera. I have a nice cannon for that. From the reviews I've read it's not the top performing one out there, but it does a very good job.
Thank you, I do use the camera quite often so I would weigh that in

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My camera seems to work a lot better after doing an fdr... I typically make the sales person do an fdr before he ever hands me the phone... I didn't this time.. And i had a dialer and camera issue... Did an fdr yesterday.. And the phone is better for it.. Just a thought

MarBearCat

Reaction score
So it's "free" on contract ... any idea how much for full retail? Gotta keep my grandfathered unlimited data.
Yea, this gotta be a ploy to lure peeps away from their unlimited plan. Tempt them with a "great deal" but no, when/if I buy a turbo it will be with
my unlimited intact.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Yea, this gotta be a ploy to lure peeps away from their unlimited plan. Tempt them with a "great deal" but no, when/if I buy a turbo it will be with
my unlimited intact.
I wished I would have known years ago I had the option to buy a phone outright to keep my unlimited plan. I lost it, due to my ignorance, and being lied to by an equally ignorant Verizon sales rep. He told me I'd have to lose my unlimited plan when upgrading to a phone with 4G service.....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I wished I would have known years ago I had the option to buy a phone outright to keep my unlimited plan. I lost it, due to my ignorance, and being lied to by an equally ignorant Verizon sales rep. He told me I'd have to lose my unlimited plan when upgrading to a phone with 4G service.....
That was no ignorance on your part. You only know what you know. You were depending on the Customer Service Representative to properly advise you. Put the blame where it belongs and don't take the blame yourself.

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
That was no ignorance on your part. You only know what you know. You were depending on the Customer Service Representative to properly advise you. Put the blame where it belongs and don't take the blame yourself.
Appreciate that FoxKat. I typically always go into a negotiation with knowing as much if not more than my 'adversary', but in this case I didn't do my homework and paid the price. Shame on him for misleading me though, as you eluded to.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I bought my phone outright. The Verizon Rep almost swallowed her tongue ....... I said "Whatever, I Do NOT Trust You or Your Company which is why I CHOOSE to pay $650 for a friggin phone" Sad but true.
Now Go get me my Phone and stop with the company packaged sales pitch.... jeezus.

Anyway. Still do not trust them and most likely that will not change anytime soon.

pctdavis

Reaction score
Well I saw this sale as well. Convinced customer service to bump my upgrade date a few days. Got my wife the S5 for free and myself the Turbo for $99.00. Can't really argue with that! I was debating on just stating pat with my Razr Maxx HD and not spending the money but hopefully this phone does what I need!

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Well I saw this sale as well. Convinced customer service to bump my upgrade date a few days. Got my wife the S5 for free and myself the Turbo for $99.00. Can't really argue with that! I was debating on just stating pat with my Razr Maxx HD and not spending the money but hopefully this phone does what I need!
I think you will be very pleased with your decision to get the Turbo! Nice job snagging the sale price while you could!

OP
P

Pologuy

Reaction score
Well, I got my phone, in ballistic nylon, this weekend - and to say it is a beautiful phone (in an alpha male sort of way as one poster stated) is an understatement - this is probably one of the best looking phones I have seen to date.

Now just hope the performance matches the look...

TatDroid

Reaction score
Well, I got my phone, in ballistic nylon, this weekend - and to say it is a beautiful phone (in an alpha male sort of way as one poster stated) is an understatement - this is probably one of the best looking phones I have seen to date.

Now just hope the performance matches the look...
I'm one month in with mine and it's been stable (have yet to experience my first freeze or shut down), smooth, fast, and I have not yet been able to completely run down battery in one day (I have a life, so about 6.5 hours of screen-on time is the most I've been able to devote to my phone in one day so far).

Sent from my Droid Turbo