Droid Turbo "free" this weekend...

Pologuy

Reaction score
Well, according to a Verizon employee the Droid Turbo will be basically "free" this weekend.

Verizon will have the Turbo for $99 with a 2 year contract - and is still offering the $100 smartphone trade-in on the Turbo...

Which effectively makes the Turbo "free".

I wonder why such a new phone would be given away for "free".

Is it because of the negative comments that seem to be prevalent?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If I could get one for free.. You can bet I'd get it.. I paid full retail.. No discount or anything off.... It's still worth it. I love this phone.. It has a few tiny issues.. An update will fix those, I think.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think it's just Verizon's way of moving inventory and increasing recognition / advertising for the phone. They have all kinds of sales all year long, but this weekend is one of the big "sale" weekends, so they have to keep up with Best Buy, Amazon, AT&T, etc, etc. I agree with @94lt1, if you can grab a great phone like the Turbo for basically free...that's a great deal! I'm not sure about the negative comments, most all reviews I have read have been very positive.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
So it's "free" on contract ... any idea how much for full retail? Gotta keep my grandfathered unlimited data.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Full retail is still $599.99 for the 32GB varieties and $649.99 for the 64GB in Ballistic Nylon. You do still have the $100 trade-in so that takes you to the $500 and $550 price ranges.

I don't expect any discount for the phone off-contract yet.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
BestBuy has the LG G3 for $1. on 2 year contract no trade in required.

InfiniteClouds

Reaction score
The 100 $ trade in explicitly states that it is only for contract and edge customers. YMMV from one store to another but the official policy is as stated.

xlapus

Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade to the Turbo. I'm looking at the Verizon site, and the $99 price isn't listed as a holiday deal or sale. Should I just assume that it's going back to 200 after this weekend?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks. I'm going to look into upgrading this weekend then.

Good choice if you ask me. I got mine on launch day and absolutly love it and I'm picky as hell :)

tomad9

Reaction score
I have the Nokia icon and am frustrated with the update (lack there of). Being offered to switch to the Turbo, should I?
Thanks for any replies

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the Nokia icon and am frustrated with the update (lack there of). Being offered to switch to the Turbo, should I?
Thanks for any replies
It depends on what you're looking for in a phone. If you prefer a pure android experience with absolute beast performance specifications wrapped in an alpha male package, then yes, you should! ;-)

tomad9

Reaction score
It depends on what you're looking for in a phone. If you prefer a pure android experience with absolute beast performance specifications wrapped in an alpha male package, then yes, you should! ;-)
How is the camera?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
How is the camera?
To me it's more than adequate. I'm not hung up on having the phone with the best possible camera. I have a nice cannon for that. From the reviews I've read it's not the top performing one out there, but it does a very good job.