Droid Turbo Bluetooth-No Audio in Car?

01dyna

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a problem with the Turbo connecting fine and everything seems to work expect that an incoming or outgoing call has no audio from your car? I have to pick up and hold the phone to my ear to talk.

Thought it might of been Kit Kat so waited for the upgrade to Lollipop and that didn't help, then I waited for the patch for Lollipop and THAT didn't help either so I took the phone to the Verizon store and they send me a replacement and THAT one does the same thing!

Tried clearing cache (several times)
Tried factory reset (several times)
Wifes iPhone connects to car (06 Lexus RX400h) fine
Previous phones worked fine.

I'm at a loss what to do at this point. Works if I delete everything and re-pair the car/phone up until I restart the car, then it starts this weird behavior all over again.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When you unpair both devices, have you tried going into the phone settings > apps > scroll over to All Apps > find Bluetooth Share and select Clear Data > then reboot the phone. This will remove all previous BT connection history. I had to do that with my wife's Moto X 2014 after the 5.1 update. Once I did that and re-paired all of her Bluetooth devices they all stay connected again.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
When you unpair both devices, have you tried going into the phone settings > apps > scroll over to All Apps > find Bluetooth Share and select Clear Data > then reboot the phone. This will remove all previous BT connection history. I had to do that with my wife's Moto X 2014 after the 5.1 update. Once I did that and re-paired all of her Bluetooth devices they all stay connected again.

Yes, I did thank you. No change.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have any other BT devices that you can pair with your phone? To see if it stays connected to them when they turn Off & On again? You could also try putting your phone in Safe Mode and connecting to your car to see if it stays connected when running in Safe Mode.

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
Do you have any other BT devices that you can pair with your phone? To see if it stays connected to them when they turn Off & On again? You could also try putting your phone in Safe Mode and connecting to your car to see if it stays connected when running in Safe Mode.

I haven't tried any other BT devices to the this replacement phone however I had my original Turbo connect with no problems to a BT speaker. It seems to be isolated to connecting to a car. I'm going to take your suggestion and go into safe mode and see if that can isolate it down to a possible conflicting app. thanks for the recommendation.

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
I haven't tried any other BT devices to the this replacement phone however I had my original Turbo connect with no problems to a BT speaker. It seems to be isolated to connecting to a car. I'm going to take your suggestion and go into safe mode and see if that can isolate it down to a possible conflicting app. thanks for the recommendation.

well, I tried safe mode and I was sure to clear app cache, system cache and then booted into safe mode.

Re-paired to car, connection as fine. Dialed out a call, came through car speakers fine.

Turned off car, waited about one minute, and turned car back on. Phone successfully connects to car.

Dial out a number from console, no speaker. Just phone again.

So it's not an app that's causing this but I'm back to square one. *sigh*

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Well that's a bummer. I guess the question is: is the issue with the car or the phone? If you can find something else to pair with and see how the phone works that may help figure out where the problem is.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there's a bug in Bluetooth 4.0 . I have the same general scenario on my Note4 and G2, the only devices I have with 4.0
I might be totally wrong though.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

1coopgt

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced a problem with the Turbo connecting fine and everything seems to work expect that an incoming or outgoing call has no audio from your car? I have to pick up and hold the phone to my ear to talk.

Thought it might of been Kit Kat so waited for the upgrade to Lollipop and that didn't help, then I waited for the patch for Lollipop and THAT didn't help either so I took the phone to the Verizon store and they send me a replacement and THAT one does the same thing!

Tried clearing cache (several times)
Tried factory reset (several times)
Wifes iPhone connects to car (06 Lexus RX400h) fine
Previous phones worked fine.

I'm at a loss what to do at this point. Works if I delete everything and re-pair the car/phone up until I restart the car, then it starts this weird behavior all over again.
When you are connected to the car did you make sure the phone is set right Click on the gear next to the connected device and check that these boxes are checked off below .
2015-08-01 20.03.30.png

OP

01dyna

Reaction score
When you are connected to the car did you make sure the phone is set right Click on the gear next to the connected device and check that these boxes are checked off below .View attachment 75273

Yep. All are checked. Also, I don't *think* it's the car. I have successfully connected a Note2, an iPhone 5 and 4, Samsung Charge and an S4.

This is really baffling. Just today, it connected fine and worked then I turned off the car, saw a movie, came back out
and it connected but no speaker again! Turn off the car, and when I turned on the car, it connects and *works*. There
doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason on when it will work and when it won't. Sometimes just turning off bluetooth and turning it back on will make it work while other times a reboot will make it work and then other times unless I completely unpair and reboot and restart the car and re-pair it won't work. And even after all that, it goes back to no speaker the next time I start the car.

DESERPENTOR

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Turbo
Had the same issue my advice is to get a warranty replacement and pray it has not been upgraded to Lollipop. If it is not upgraded you are good to go never upgrade and your Bluetooth will work.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I thought Bluetooth worked better with the my car after Lollipop update. I got text audio over the car speakers that I didn't have before Lollipop. I have a '10 VW Touareg.