DROID, the iPhone killer...literally

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score
so, two nights ago, my friend and i forgot our phones in her car over night. note that before we left the car both phones were working perfectly. the following morning, we retireved our phones from the car. my phone, a rooted motorola DROID running BB 1.1 and the chevy 1.2 kernel was fine, about 40% battery left, few e-mails that i missed. her phone, an iPhone 3GS looked to be dead. so she took it inside, plugged it in and tried to turn it on. nothing. left it charging for the day, came home from work, tried to boot it up once more. still nothing. i believe what has happened here was the superiority of the droids presence fried the iPhone. i imagine in my mind an epic battle that went on through the night that left the iPhone completely dead and my droid only needing a bit of a charge.

in conclusion, more proof that droids are the iphone killer.

commence with speculation!

rod

Reaction score
i believe the battle did not last "through the night", but instead lasted merely a few seconds. of course, this is only speculation.

huskur

Reaction score
i believe the battle did not last "through the night", but instead lasted merely a few seconds. of course, this is only speculation.

wasnt that much of a battle since the droid still was at 40% power left :)

Fraxinus

Reaction score
You said your Droid is rooted...I'm guessing you must be running the EMP app, yes? In that case it's not surprising that your Droid fired up that bad boy, pulsed the iPhone, and left it for dead. Tell your friend all the ICs in her phone are shot and she'll need a new device. Just warn her not to leave it near your Droid too long!

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
It did last only a few seconds, but there was no battle, the Iphone suicided after having to spend so much time with something so superior to its own feeble self.

JCo352

Reaction score
I've heard stories about this sort of thing happening...I thought it was just folklore

OP
C

chrisCRISIS

Reaction score
well when I left it in the car it couldn't have been at more than 60% battery being that it was around 11pm and hadn't had a charge in quite some time. Oddly enough, when I opened SetCPU the following morning it was underclocked to 250mhz. Apparently it didn't need any boost to take care of an iPhone.

RoLa

Reaction score
I can see what happened, they were alone finally......DrOiD and iPhone...alone at last!!! And now we fight!! The fight consists of speed, customization, multitasking, UI, hacks.. and more..DrOiD wins,......and now the duo....lightsavers, iPhone brings his out, DrOiD has his out and all of a sudden,,,,,,iPhone looks at DrOiD in desperation....DON'T PLEASE I'M BEGGING YOU.......DrOiD Agrees and brings his lightsaver back in and changes his screen to the red DrOiD eye and................

UggTheThug

Reaction score
and iPhone whips out a bowie knife...droid slides open and shut, catching the knife, pulls it from the hands of iPhone and kills iPhone with its own weapon!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this were Raiders of the Lost Ark, the iPhone would be the guy with the sword, and the Droid would be Indy.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
and iPhone whips out a bowie knife...droid slides open and shut, catching the knife, pulls it from the hands of iPhone and kills iPhone with its own weapon!

Your signature is freaking me out, I thought it was a hoax until I signed on with aol then iexplorer and got diff messages lol.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
I've heard stories about this sort of thing happening...I thought it was just folklore

its not an urban myth. check out the true on snopes.com.:motdroidvert: :icon_ owned::iphone: :icon_ banana:

samiusmc

Reaction score
The same thing happened last month in Mississippi. Be careful. It always starts with iPhones and then the Droid moves on to people.