DROID sync

PAUL1792

Reaction score
Using a Motorola DROID and an app called SplashID for Droid. I have a AT&T U-Verse gatewaywith builtin wireless router and a wireless card in my desktop.

I have connected the Droid wireless to the gateway router and the router is connected to the desktop. The IP address in the Droid is what the desktop is.

When I try to sync the Droid I get an error stating that the sync failed.
Any ideas out there?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Using a Motorola DROID and an app called SplashID for Droid. I have a AT&T U-Verse gatewaywith builtin wireless router and a wireless card in my desktop.

I have connected the Droid wireless to the gateway router and the router is connected to the desktop. The IP address in the Droid is what the desktop is.

Any ideas out there?

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. I don't quite understand what SplashID has to do with wireless sync. I'm sorry I'm not familiar with AT&T U-Verse as a wireless router. Is there a password involved?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you saying that the gmail app is giving you this sync error? What is giving you the error?

scott32746

Reaction score
I have AT&T-U w/droid works good. I have the MAC address from the droid hard code in my AT&T router/RG

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score

Any ideas out there?
Have you verified that the Droid is properly connected to the router/gateway? Are you able to access anything with only WiFi on?

Have you tried checking SplashID's web site for suggestions? Such as:
Start the SplashID Desktop on your Android device and Desktop computer and make sure both are running when you attempt to sync.
On the handheld, go to Settings > Wi-Fi. Make sure it is turned on and the correct network is selected.
There also appears to be an entry in the FAQ that suggests that you make sure that the Windows Firewall on your PC is disabled or an exception is set up.

You might also want to try their user forums if there aren't that many people using SplashID here.

I don't quite understand what SplashID has to do with wireless sync.
From http://www.splashdata.com/splashid/index.asp
Synchronize data between your handheld and Mac or PC using the desktop software

Last edited: