Droid Sleep Unresponsive Black screen

Bay

Reaction score
Heres the problem: When my Droid Incredible goes into sleep, I try and press the button on top of the phone to get it out of sleep mode but the phone stays in a black screen and my screen is dead. The phone is actually working as I can slide the lock down and press buttons but I do not know what I am pressing as the screen is black. I just know it is doing something because my phone is vibrating. I can also receive calls only because I know the exact place to slide my fingers when a call is coming through. I have tried unplugging the battery and placing it back in but this does not work. The weird thing is I can get out of this mode but it is by chance only. Sometimes I will unplug the battery, put it back in and the phone will still be stuck in a black screen, but if I press the unlock button on the top of the phone a couple times, the phone will get out of this mode and I can see the screen again until the phone goes in sleep again. There was also one case where I received a call and after the call my screen was responsive again, until my phone went to sleep again.

This all started happening on Saturday evening. I did not update the phone at least a week before this occurred. The last thing that I did was receive a call around 9:00pm. The next time I used the phone at 11pm I was in this mode.

Any ideas? Any and all help would be welcomed.

Last edited:

Adecker

Reaction score
your best option is to bring it into a Verizon store and hope they give you a new one.

OP
B

Bay

Reaction score
yeah, i went to the verizon store and showed them my phone and how it was working but I couldnt see anything. They took one look, tried to call my phone then said they would send out a brand new one to me. They said the phone has a one year manufacturer warranty so they will send me a new one. I should receive it hopefully tomorrow. They switched my number to my previous phone in the meantime. Its true about the good customer service from Verizon.