Droid - Search button

msu

Reaction score
I accidentally set my search button (hard button on top of screen) to go to something else besides search and I wanted it to be on search.

For the life of me I can't remember how to change it. Can someone help me out? Thanks

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Am I missing something here? Define "hard button" cause the only hard buttons I have thurn the phone off/on/wake it up, change the volume and start the camera.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Ok, it is the search button on the top of the screen on far right. I accidently hard set it to quick settings and wanted it to be hard set to the Search function. There has to be a way to change it, I just can't find it.

spillner

Reaction score
Their is no search button on the top right part of the screen. Are you talking about the soft key with the magnifying glass at the bottom right? The only hard button at the top right it the power button and volume control.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Ok, I'm a boob since I can't describe it, but yes the soft button on bottom left.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ahh ok I got ya now. Pretty sure that would be in the launcher settings.

As soon as my phone is done making a backup and reboots, I'll type it out for ya unless you find it before that.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I've looked all over and I'm running Launcher pro and can't find it in there.

Zac7

Reaction score
Go to applications under settings find google search click on it and hit clear defaults

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
edit.. try what he said.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Go to applications under settings find google search click on it and hit clear defaults

Well you are the winner..... and thanks...

Although it wasn't google search I had to clear it was quick settings. All is good now and now I know how to fix it if I get fumble fingers next time. It was really driving me nuts.

Thanks again:clap: