Droid SDCard/Cache clean up Question.

BillyBob

Reaction score
hey DF,

quick ?, how do i know which SDCard files / Cache files i can safely remove, and would there be any benefit at all in performance? for instance, files left by old applications that i no longer have or otherwise don't need for operational function..

thank you!

dancedroid

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
i don't think there would be any benefit performance wise, but you would free up some space of course.

OP
BillyBob

BillyBob

Reaction score
Exactly, performance wise i don't believe it has bearing on Processor speed or Kernel speed.. but space wise.. sounds good..

But with the with old Apps. or unusable files for instance.. It shouldn't be a problem to wipe em? right?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Exactly, performance wise i don't believe it has bearing on Processor speed or Kernel speed.. but space wise.. sounds good..

But with the with old Apps. or unusable files for instance.. It shouldn't be a problem to wipe em? right?

If those apps i deleted left a folder behind i just delete them, same goes for any folder with no files in it. That's what I do at least, and all my apps work fine.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you want to play it safe and you're not totally certain about a given folder then rename the folder and try things out for a while. You can delete once you've confirmed that there are no negative effects on your important apps.