droid screen pressing buttons by itself!

lethalpimp

Reaction score
Just yesterday my droid started freaking out when I was using GPS to go somewhere...it was as if i was moving the touch screen all over, then it told me to go down the COMPLETE wrong way, eventually it told me the time was 2 hours later than it actually was..it stopped and i changed from kangerade.4(i think it was) to S.S. 4.1 ( i know its old but i had it in my backups), and now it continues to do it off and on...bad screen?

Ive had my droid since launch.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Just yesterday my droid started freaking out when I was using GPS to go somewhere...it was as if i was moving the touch screen all over, then it told me to go down the COMPLETE wrong way, eventually it told me the time was 2 hours later than it actually was..it stopped and i changed from kangerade.4(i think it was) to S.S. 4.1 ( i know its old but i had it in my backups), and now it continues to do it off and on...bad screen?

Ive had my droid since launch.

Was it on a charger at the time it was doing this?

edit: Had this happen before. I did a backup, battery pull, wiped data and cache. Believe that fixed it

Last edited:
OP
L

lethalpimp

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Ok I guess ill try that and will report back soon! thanks!

OP
L

lethalpimp

Reaction score
Nope, wiped and still getting same issue.

Heres a little movie i made to explain it a bit more. its still processing so not the best quality

[video=youtube;YkFqyn-Gea0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkFqyn-Gea0]YouTube - Droid trippin out[/video]

cromo8

Reaction score
happened to mine as well but that was because my friends spilled pink lemonade all over it, i just did a warranty replacem,ent since my stickers were not pink

-Rei

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me when I got my droid wet. I say just let it dry in a warm place for a couple of hours and than test it out.

pull battery too and than let it sit.

OP
L

lethalpimp

Reaction score
thing is...i never got it wet..the "x"s on the back are still red..so i dont quite know what to do..

OP
L

lethalpimp

Reaction score
WEll i guess ill flash back to stock 2.1 on my droid, I have a backup...but can't the verizon store check for spf recovery on it and see that its been rooted?

malsteth

Reaction score
It's ALIVE!!

Me too. I have not got it wet, have cleared cache, uninstalled programs and it still has a mind of it's own. This morning I actually watched it go thru a series of screens, then to my phone list, scroll down and up and back down and then it called my old boss. The screen jumps and moves just like the video in this thread. I have done the battery removal as well and have powered it down numerous times.. it seems it is the only way to get control for a brief time. However the last time I turned it off it decided to not shut down but to restart. I can not kill it!!! I am just waiting for my coffee pot and toaster to attack me now.

Any thoughts on what is causing this would be appreciated... the only other tidbit of information is this all started about the same time I became eligible for an upgrade. LOL now there's an app! =)

kptphalkon

Reaction score
The only thing I can think of being the cause is a faulty charger, crappy charger, or a strong EM field leak near the area.

My droid went Psycho-I-Like-To-Press-My-Own-Buttons too when my stock charger began to fry out.

shalo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
lg 323431
I agree with the person who mention about the charger,i had the problem just now and decide i would browse i realize it was my charger,i plug my usb end into a different usb charger head not the original one a chinese one and the screen was do all sort of things,after i read about the charger i put it back in the original usb charger head and its fine,just to be certain i plug it back into the non-genuine charger and i got the same pressing of buttons by itself etc so i plug it back into the original charger head and its fine so it have to be the charger.