Droid RAZR Variant With HD Screen and 13MP Camera Going to China

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-DROID-RAZR-gets-a-version-with-HD-display-and-13MP-camera-for-China.jpg

According to reports, Motorola has an enhanced version of the Droid RAZR with an HD screen and a 13MP camera. The largest cell phone carrier in the world, China Mobile, will be receiving an upgraded version of the Droid RAZR with the following enhanced specs:
  • 13MP Camera
  • 4.5" 720x1280 pixels display
Interestingly, there are actually three different versions of the new Moto superphone going to China. One is the same as the other international version of the phone, one includes both the HD screen and the camera, and a third only has the enhanced camera. You can see a pic of the three devices below. Strange variety...

Motorola-DROID-RAZR-China-3.jpg

On a side-note, Google recently indicated that they were uniquely positioned to take on China with Android handsets, and that this was another one of the reasons for the Motorola buyout.

Source: PhoneArena

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Cool. I seem to remember hearing rumors of Moto working on a 12+mp camera phone a few months back. Maybe it was this.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jcardona1

Reaction score
13mp? That's ridiculous. Cramming tons of MPs into a small sensor degrades image quality, makes it noisy (grainy). I'm sure the megapixel police will drool all over this though :icon_eek:

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
13mp? That's ridiculous. Cramming tons of MPs into a small sensor degrades image quality, makes it noisy (grainy). I'm sure the megapixel police will drool all over this though :icon_eek:

Yeah I don't get why people think if its 8MP its better than a 5MP. Many phones have proven their 5MP cameras far exceed others 8MP or higher.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I wouldn't degrade the camera yet. International phones (especially from Japan) have amazing cameras.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I would have loved to have that screen on ours.

Sent from my DROID RAZR (for now)

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Behold , the "Motorola should provide us with the new version at no charge" posts and petitions are coming .

Sweettooth

Reaction score
That's it? Just a bigger, more awkward to hold phone (exception: Andre the Giant) and a higher MP camera? Playing with the RAZR at the Verizon store I was impressed with both the quality and the snap/shutter rate. I found it strange that the sales person looked at me sort of awkward when I took 5 or 6 pictures of the wall, one after another to test shutter rate or whatever you want to call it. Am I the only one who does that? Tsh...