Droid Razr M 4.4.2 Update Phone Issue

cambriabiz

Reaction score
Hi,

After the 4.4.2 update, when I get a phone call and swipe the lock screen it answers the phone. I no longer have an option to ignore the call since the green phone (answer) is to the right, the same direction I have to swipe to unlock the phone from sleep mode. Any tips?

Thanks

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Hmmm, I'm not real familiar with the Droid Razr - all of my phones are Samsung - but on my phones the incoming call wakes the phone up and there's no need to swipe twice. Once the call is either answered or ignored, I'm on the Home Screen. By lightly pressing the power button, I can return it to sleep, if that's what I want.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I believe if you swipe to the left when the phone is ringing you will see the red ignore option and will send the call to voicemail. Swipe to the right answers...to the left ignores.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

After the 4.4.2 update, when I get a phone call and swipe the lock screen it answers the phone. I no longer have an option to ignore the call since the green phone (answer) is to the right, the same direction I have to swipe to unlock the phone from sleep mode. Any tips?

Thanks
When the phone is ringing, you should not see the lock screen...you should see the incoming call screen. That's where you have swipe right to answer and left to ignore. Is the incoming call not "waking" your phone?

OP
C

cambriabiz

Reaction score
When the phone is ringing, you should not see the lock screen...you should see the incoming call screen. That's where you have swipe right to answer and left to ignore. Is the incoming call not "waking" your phone?

When the phone rings I see a "Lock" image and the answer/ignore icons faintly below. Thanks to your advice, I tried swiping to the left and it "unlocked" and ignored. Is there a setting somewhere that you can tell the phone to unlock when a call comes in?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
When the phone rings I see a "Lock" image and the answer/ignore icons faintly below. Thanks to your advice, I tried swiping to the left and it "unlocked" and ignored. Is there a setting somewhere that you can tell the phone to unlock when a call comes in?

Not that I am aware of. The only options similar to that are Allow Bluetooth Bypass (Settings - Security) which will allow Bluetooth commands to unlock the screen if you have a compatible device and the Auto Answer On Headset option in the Phone settings. I think the swipe right / left options are what we have to deal with.