Droid Razr Jelly Bean Update, No Universal Inbox?

JWDX

Reaction score
Droid Razr ICS Update, No Universal Inbox?

Upgraded to Jellybean today and don't really like it. What happened to the Universal Inbox? I had it on the home page and I could see the contact pic of anyone who sent an email or text, inaddition to the start of the message. I had a Droid X until June and it had the same universal in box. Both DX and Razr had the Universal Inbox and after I upgraded today, POOF, it's gone.
Anyone know why?

UPDATE: I changed the post title from "Jellybean" to "ICS". The first few responses are because I thought I had JB update today. Since I bought my Razr in June 2012, I wrongly thought I already had ICS.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You upgraded to Android 4.1.1? Or android 4.0.1? If its the later, its ics, and no there's not a universal inbox unfortunately.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah you are running Ice Cream Sandwich and they took away the Universal Inbox with the update.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Jelly bean is 4.1.1 you had me wondering there lol :)

OP
J

JWDX

Reaction score
Yep, I heard all about Jellybean coming out and I wrongly thought that what came out today was it.
But it truely sucks that there is no UIB, I guess they have apps for that?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
JWDX said:
Upgraded to Jellybean today and don't really like it. What happened to the Universal Inbox? I had it on the home page and I could see the contact pic of anyone who sent an email or text, inaddition to the start of the message. I had a Droid X until June and it had the same universal in box. Both DX and Razr had the Universal Inbox and after I upgraded today, POOF, it's gone.
Anyone know why?

UPDATE: I changed the post title from "Jellybean" to "ICS". The first few responses are because I thought I had JB update today. Since I bought my Razr in June 2012, I wrongly thought I already had ICS.

I believe that was a moto app. They also eliminated the social app. They could have gotten rid of everything else moto as well as far as I'm concerned. I assume they did this due to people not using it and using 3rd party apps instead. Just like "social" got rid of it and added facebook and google + apps instead.

LaurelRaven

Reaction score
This is on a bionic with ICS, but i imagine they will have the same email app...

On my email app, when i open my accounts list, under my mail accounts it had a combined view. I've not really tried it, or the universal inbox, since i like looking at then separately, but i think that is what you're looking for.

Sent from my ICS Bionic