Droid Razr is World Wide Phone!!

bjorn65

Reaction score
I am wondering it a software update could make the razr global? For Verizon has one Lte modem by pantech, that became global with a firmware update. The only difference in this model, is one comes with a g, at the end of the name the other does not.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Well I am traveling again this time to a country which uses cdma and Lte although on 800 band Frequency. I was told I will have 3
G speed in south Korea. However last year I was in japan
(unlimited data back then) with my
Droid x and had 1x service the whole time, while most of my at&t colleagues with Iphone had a hard time getting service. I took the cheapest data plan and plan to use much wifi. Then to Thailand which is cdma and GSM. , plan to get a sim card on my LG
phone. let you all know.

bjorn65

Reaction score
Well I am traveling again this time to a country which uses cdma and Lte although on 800 band Frequency. I was told I will have 3
G speed in south Korea. However last year I was in japan
(unlimited data back then) with my
Droid x and had 1x service the whole time, while most of my at&t colleagues with Iphone had a hard time getting service. I took the cheapest data plan and plan to use much wifi. Then to Thailand which is cdma and GSM. , plan to get a sim card on my LG
phone. let you all know.

In Korea getting 1 x data. The phone works in seoul subway. Korea has a vast wifi network. Most time I travel I complain about wifi speed. Not in Seoul, on Wifi in hotel, I avg 40mbs down and 13mbs up. I am blown away.