Droid Razr bootanimation on droid 3????

I know the Bionic boot ani is in 13thangel's newest ROM, so I'm sure this is around the corner from someone!!

Just found it at xda developers. Pretty sweet.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Nice to see my thread appearing on a different droid forum ;)

Yes, I love the Droid RAZR theme on my XT860. I'll grab the OGG file and put it into my original post on XDA.

what folder did you guys drop it in. i believe i tried data/local and couldnt get it to work

Acoers, be sure to drop it in /data/local and keep the filename as "bootanimation.zip"

It's working fine for me. Worst case you might want to change the permissions to rw-r--r-- (644) and my owner/group is 0/0

Just got it to work thanks man

What's the difference between putting it in /Data/local or /system/media?

I put mine in /media and works fine

Putting the file in /system/media requires you to change the system partition, which could potentially break an update in the future.

Putting the file in /system/media requires you to change the system partition, which could potentially break an update in the future.

so if i rename the stock (well SeelDroid) stuff back to what it was and move the new stuff over to /data/local would that me fine, or have i basically already done the damage?

EDIT: i moved everything no problems, the sound file has to stay in /system/media however because the command file reads if from there, probably no harm in having an extra .ogg file in there anyhow?

Back