Droid RAZR boot problems?

OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
So I ran the download, got the device manager, ran that as well, and it says "There are no updates for your device at this time. Current Version: N/A".

So I'm assuming it isn't recognizing the phone for whatever reason?

EDIT: Okay, so I decided to try to reboot the phone. In the middle, the Windows icon flashes that a USB device is not recognized. Problem?

OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
I apologize for double posting, but there really is some data I need, so PLEASE try to help me here. I understand I'm a bit hard to work with, but I've installed the device manager, got an official cable, and now I'm stuck. It STILL isn't recognizing the phone, well, it kind of is. I keep getting a quick pop-up message about it not being able to be read or installed when I restart the phone when it's plugged into the computer.

I'm stuck here, I thought I had a fix but I guess it's a no-go and I'm blanked? :(

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No, you're not hard to deal with so don't panic. We'll get it fixed. I wasn't ignoring you, I have a day job (actually it's close to 1:00am here), and I'm still at the office. I have to leave but I'll be on the phone mobile.

We need to get this phone recognized by the software (Droid RAZR Utility), and once it is, you can run the restore (not wipe). Did you try to run the utility with the phone connected?

OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
Yes, I did try to run it with the phone connected, nothing happened.

OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
Just to be sure, The AP Fastboot screen says 0A.77 on it, and I think that means I was on ICS and not Jellybean.

EDIT: JUST IN CASE THIS HELPS: AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S)
0A.77
eMMC Info: Size 16G
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down
Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
Update,and again sorry for all the double posts - I might have another cable to try, will report back tomorrow as I need some sleep. Thanks for the help so far!

OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
Okay, so I got a cable to work and ran the utility. It's on the red eye for a little longer than I would expect. If it continues to stay like the red eye (Like my initial problem), I'll post here. Again.

Okay, scratch that. Not working at all. Same exact problem, went through with the Utility. Nothing. I'm giving up hope by the minute, don't know what to say.

Last edited:
OP
P

pokesaver

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR
Please do respond, I ran flash again and even restarted and cleared cache. I did manage to get Motocast off my phone somehow, so something is working, and I know you can retrieve data with motocast. Except it won't go past this stupid wireless connection setup thing.