Droid Razr Blade

usafpilot022

Reaction score
So I was trying to root my Droid 4 with the razr blade utility and I got this message.
[*] Phase three (this will take a minute)... failed on '/data/logger, File exists Unable to chmod /data/logger: Operation not permitted link faile dFile exists
[*] Rebooting device... and of course I didn't have root when everything got done. Any ideas what the issue is? Thanks.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Step 3 usually fails the most. I always have to run RazrBlade multiple times to root my D4 after fastbooting.

Make sure you have the latest Motorola usb drivers, try changing between mass storage and mtp mode when connected to the pc. Try multiple usb ports. Clear the data from the Smart Actions app if it was configured incorrectly.

My advice: everybody has issues with Razr Blade, just try it a few times and eventually it will work. Promise.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
U

usafpilot022

Reaction score
Step 3 usually fails the most. I always have to run RazrBlade multiple times to root my D4 after fastbooting.

Make sure you have the latest Motorola usb drivers, try changing between mass storage and mtp mode when connected to the pc. Try multiple usb ports. Clear the data from the Smart Actions app if it was configured incorrectly.

My advice: everybody has issues with Razr Blade, just try it a few times and eventually it will work. Promise.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Changing to MTP worked! Thanks.