Droid Pro Getting Gingerbread Soon

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com

If you can remember from way back, Verizon and Motorola were the quickest at getting updates to their phones. This trend continues and has lead to a Gingerbread update for the Droid Pro. After weeks of rumors, it became official that the Droid Pro will be getting the update from FroYo to Android 2.3.3. This is especially interesting because most other phones are still stuck on FroYo or Éclair. Nevertheless, the update build number is 4.5.1-110-VNS-11, for people that want to get technical, and your faithful little phone should see the update very soon.

Via: Motorola Droid Pro getting its Gingerbread update | Android Central

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I woke up yesterday morning with the news of the OTA and upon checking my updates, it said mine was available. Unfortunately, after taking the necessary steps to get back to stock from root, my update was no longer available. Luckily, P3Droid has worked his magic once again to produce a rooted version, which I honestly prefer anyway. Im running it now and so far its completely flawless.

jhalsey205

Reaction score
I checked the settings /about phone / system updates yesterday to see I had an update available. I held off installing because I was unsure of the impact of rooting. Android Wiz Team - Team Black Hat managed to create a root friendly version of the update, and as of last night, I am rocking rooted gingerbread on my Pro.

EOK1335

Reaction score
very soon..lol..we already had enough of this from moto...hope this time it wont be any longer waiting

jhalsey205

Reaction score
very soon..lol..we already had enough of this from moto...hope this time it wont be any longer waiting

I don't think its Moto. The update is complete and has been made available to VZN. VZN now governs the rollout.

Bdeslaur

Reaction score
What is gingerbread?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Bdeslaur

Reaction score
Lol. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

broomulack

Reaction score
Am I the only Droid Pro user that has not received this update? What gives?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Am I the only Droid Pro user that has not received this update? What gives?

It never was actually officially released. Several users did receive the update OTA on their phones though, which makes it seems like it might have been a test run of sorts. There hasn't been any word on when it will actually be rolling out for everyone.

coleman2050

Reaction score
It is really amazing news for everyone that Droid Pro is getting gingerbread very soon,thanks for sharing this wonderful news in your amazing post.