Droid Pro, Droid World Edition and Verizon Tablet found in system

J

JohnDroid

vz-droidpro-world.jpg

We've already heard rumors of the Droid Pro before but now we also have confirmation about a Droid "World Edition" phone as well as a new Verizon "Tablet". Speculation is that the Tablet is likely a slab form factor phone instead of a tablet as we know it.

Here's what the report confirms about the different devices however.

• Droid Pro: 4" display, 1.3GHz CPU and global roaming capability designated model A957 and due for a November launch.
  • Droid World Edition: Aimed at businesses, Global roaming capability, 2 color choices available (white or black) designated model A956.
  • Verizon Tablet: Likely a slab device, designated model MZ600.

Don't forget, we have a Droid Pro section already up here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-pro-forum/

All of this comes courtesy of Boy Genius Report and we thank him for bringing us the juicy tidbits on these new devices. Here's the link for the full report and additional pictures!

Motorola DROID Pro, World Edition and Tablet all found in Verizon Wireless systems Boy Genius Report

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
another great lineup of phones.. but from sounds of it droid pro will not be my next upgrade..

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Ha, Droid World Edition; naturally that reminds me of the Blackberry World Edition, which I kind of liked, but overall I can't stand BB's. I was overly pleased to see the Global Address book lookup that came with the 2.2 upgrade. People have argued for some time now that the Android phones have yet to surpass Blackberry due to it's superior business applications and efficiency.

What with the Droid 1 alone having automatic push, address book lookup, sync'd Outlook contacts, sync'd Outlook calender, remote wipe, optional security policies etc... is it safe to say that BB's have officially been buried by the Droids? I sure hope so. :)

Reaction score
Droid pro looks enticing. I got my droid the day it came out, and im very happy with it. But keeping my eyes out for what Ill upgrade next.

But things are coming out so fast that I cant really look at these new phones till closer to my 2 year period is up. By then something bigger and greater will be out haha

GoldSiege

Reaction score
I believe the Droid World Edition is just a Droid 2 with worldwide capabilities. I talked to a Verizon rep. before the D2 came out and was told that 2 months or so after the D2 comes out, they're releasing the exact same phone except it can be used world wide.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
As CK said earlier, the next few weeks should bring some more information on these up and coming devices, this is by far the best news of the day

Tegamal

Reaction score
If they all have that encryption crap that the Droid X & D2 have, I'll be sticking with my D1 until I can't find any more on earth.

OP
W

warp

If they all have that encryption crap that the Droid X & D2 have, I'll be sticking with my D1 until I can't find any more on earth.

Better get used to it because Motorola stated they're putting encrypted bootloaders on all of their future devices. If you want to hack your phone so bad then simply choose another manufacturer, like HTC or Samsung.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

heh....anything can be hacked :D

Not by me though :(

I'll be watching closely as I'm ready for my next upgrade dancedroid

Droid101

Reaction score
If none of these are LTE/4G then they will not be my early upgrade I will continue to wait for an 4G/LTE Motorola phone (hopefully a 4G droid):)