Droid Pro 2.26.60 Installation Failed

jmart8684

Reaction score
Droid Pro 2.26.60 Installation Failed. Found a fix on XDA

Need some help helping someone. My cousin has the Droid Pro, rooted it. Tried updating it, and installation failed. Tried unrooting it, no good, rerooting it and unfreezing bloatware with titanium, still failed. All he is telling me is that he gets an error saying software update failed. Not sure if it says anything else besides that, which may make it easier to fix, but, anyone have an idea what the problem may be, or a workaround? I'm thinking of having him try doing it through clockwork.

Thanks in advance.

Also, I read Bootstrap for X/2 works on the Pro, so maybe I'll have him try installing through there

Fix instructions here. Not able to test yet since I dont have his Pro on me.
Getting Started [Update 12/23 - OTA Update Install fix for root] - xda-developers

tennvol

Reaction score
That's odd. My pro was rooted and I had no problem installing the update and then rooting again.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
It will continue to fail if your cousin has uninstalled any of the bloatware installed by Verizon. That seems to be what is tripping up most users.

booda

Reaction score
Having the exact same problem. I'm also having problems entering boot recovery. I got the boot strapper x doesnt work. Any one got a way to solve this?