Droid owner needing help with windows phone

gravebelly

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a droid owner (Bionic since release and Droid X before that) with some questions. I know this is a droid forum and I come here often. I love my droid and my lapdock. I went into ATT today to try out the new windows phone and I personally like it a lot. I have had Iphone (my wife had it and sold it) andseveral droids. Does anyone know if Verizon will be getting any future newwindow phones? I have read rumors and I am sure in the future it will happen. I do not want to change to ATT and will not change as this is not an option for me. I have been with Verizon andgrandfathered in on data plan and I am happy with the service. Any help would be appreciated. I know this is a droid forum but I am sure someone may know something. I am not unhappy at all with my droid so don’t assume I dislike my droid. I want to venture into something different and like the interface of 900 I played with today. All in all I am aDroid and Windows supporter. It is hard for me to even think of changing but I really want a windows phone. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't see why Verizon wouldn't get any future windows phone devices, I know I messed around with one last time I was in store, but this was months back, not sure even which company made the phone either. Might've been HTC though

flyinace

Reaction score
While I like my droid2, and look forward to getting a Droid Razr HD... I too have been eyeing the new windows phones. From what I've heard on TWITs "windows weekly" podcast, there are no new windows phones coming to Verizon in the near future.
BTW, this absolutely kills me! The windows phone guys are trying so hard to get their brand to takeoff, but they keep making terrible decisions. There is no possible way I would leave Verizon, no matter how great the competitors phones are. As long as Verizon has something that is somewhat "cool" I will stay with them. If MS wants the windows phone to succeed they have to stop being idiots and give the consumer what they want, not something that is somewhat hobbled (either by lacking a important feature or not being on the best network).
I've come to accept that I probably won't even have a choice to get a windows phone...Rather I'll just have to wait for a wifi tablet running the new windows 8.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
The Lumia 900 is awesome. I cannot answer your question in regards to Verizon getting a Windows phone because I would only be assuming. With that said, I'm assuming they will get one :) the Lumia 900 is selling really well on AT&T, Verizon needs to answer with their Windows Phone.

Don't apologize for liking Windows Phone :) it's pretty awesome in my opinion. You may also want to check out our sister site Windows Phone Forum for everything Windows Phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't find it at the moment, but I know I read somewhere that Verizon told MS that they wouldn't take on another Windows Phone until it had LTE capabilities. Fingers crossed on the 900...

The only Windows Phone to date on Verizon has been the HTC Trophy - a solid little device.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
For what it's worth, both Sprint and Verizon lack Windows Phone. In fact, I think they both sell the same HTC device.

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score
The Lumia 900 is awesome. I cannot answer your question in regards to Verizon getting a Windows phone because I would only be assuming. With that said, I'm assuming they will get one :) the Lumia 900 is selling really well on AT&T, Verizon needs to answer with their Windows Phone.

Don't apologize for liking Windows Phone :) it's pretty awesome in my opinion. You may also want to check out our sister site Windows Phone Forum for everything Windows Phone.

Thanks man. If would have asked this question in an Iphone forum I would have probably been bashed so thats why I came here. I think something will be offered. I read that they are waiting for the upgrade windows 8 (rumor) before verizon sales the windows phone. I am not sure how true it is but I cant wait if it is true. I know i will be getting a windows tablet once offered. I will stick with verizon since I have tried other companies the big red is were I will be staying. I was just shocked on how smooth everything was on the 900 so i can only imagine whatever windows phone verizon gets in the future. Like i said though i love droid but due to windows 8 upgrade coming at my work and a xbox live player it makes no sense for me not to go all out windows. I have read things about an all in one tablet which sounds pretty cool. However if Verizon does not get any new windows product (which I think they will) I am fine with droid.

flyinace

Reaction score
You mean Windows RT :smile-b:
Correct me if I'm wrong, is Windows RT for ARM based tablets? I'm hoping that there will be x86 tablets released (which i've heard will be the case). I know there is a lot of confusion about what windows 8 will be and what versions will do. I just hope MS doesn't screw it up because they have the potential to produce something great. The way they have handled the new windows phone :)rating04:) does not give me a lot of confidence...

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score
You mean Windows RT :smile-b:

The different version of windows 8 looks awesome. I researchedmore on the Windows RT. It will be great I cannot wait. I will say though Ilove the lap dock concept with my current droid. I hope this will be a featureoffered. If not maybe the all in one tablet will do. Another thing I like aboutMS is the 900 had a bug and they fixed it in record time compared to the bugs Ihad with my current droid. Not a big deal but hey who does not want a problemfixed with a product as soon as possible? I cannot talk bad about droid thoughbecause droid is my friend. I feel stupid but I never played with my son’solder windows phone which is awesome. My wife and son are on att and I amVerizon. Even his older windows phone runs smooth and I like it. I do notunderstand though and this is a fact. Before leaving my droid x to a bionic Iwent to 4 different stores. Every sales rep made fun of the old windows phonethey had saying all you can do is text and make calls. The reps would alwaysrush to talk about an iphone or droid. I think these people need training. Iknow lots of people hate on MS but I have been please so far with all of theirproducts. No one ever thought that MS would do anything in the gaming industrybut that has changed. MS had a long strategy and it worked in that industry. Iread that MS has a long strategy plan in the phone market which is notsurprising.

Many people do not realize that the Xbox 360 is way more than a gaming machine.I watch Netflix and now other apps are free such as crackle and other cablenetworks. While no one knows all the details on the next gen xbox speculated torelease next year I read were there could be an optional tablet with thecontroller. This makes me wonder how this will play out. It would be awesome totake the tablet with me and hook usb controller and race or shoot somethingduring my lunch break lol. Angry Birdsjust does not cut it for me. Who knows technology is amazing and has come sofar in the last 10 years. I am hopingfor droid and MS phone domination.

OP
gravebelly

gravebelly

Reaction score
Well here is a little more news sounds lie more then a rumor.
According to Softpedia, the Finnish company plans torelease a flagship Windows Phone 8 device on Verizon Wireless in the US. As perreports, the smartphone will be released sometime this fall and will includeNokia's PureView technology along with a ClearBlack HD capacitive touchscreendisplay.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for sharing the article CK!

But with ICS and word of Moto/Google possibly copying the "Apple model" of production I may never jump ship:D

scott craft

Reaction score
To the op if you want a WP on Verizon buy a Trophy off eBay or craiglist for now. I personally don't think Verizon will have a new WP until windows 8. No matter what sales reps say the Trophy is a solid device.
Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express