Droid Overheating

MelloMel1962

Reaction score
My Droid is overheating. It is hot to the touch to the right of the camera. Anyone else having this problem?

OP
M

MelloMel1962

Reaction score
Not only was it getting hot but my keyboard was swole up. Verizon finally replaced it. I want a new new phone but we are waiting on the droid bionic.

Navyvet2010

Reaction score
Not only was it getting hot but my keyboard was swole up. Verizon finally replaced it. I want a new new phone but we are waiting on the droid bionic.

I've had my Droid 2 replaced twice and the third is on its way right now. I'm thinking about the Bionic as well, but I'm going to wait a while to see how people like it before I decide to buy it.

Navyvet2010

Reaction score
Droid X Overheating Like CRAZY!!

I've read some other threads about Droid X's overheating, but that doesn't seem to apply here.
I shut down everything I could running in the background, it wasn't plugged in, GPS/Satellite was turned off, and I wasn't doing anything on it. It overheated like crazy... I got scared and pulled the battery each time it happened.
On that same note, the battery hasn't been holding very much charge at all... 5 hours at the most. I got the phone in October... does this happen to anyone else??
Or does anyone know what might be causing this? If it wasn't a holiday weekend I would have been in there tonight, but seeing as it is... I thought I would ask on here before Tuesday.
Any help would be AMAZING!! Thanks!! If you need anymore info please let me know.​

I've been having the overheating in my Droid 2 for a little over a month a now, probably closer to 2 months. The Droid 2 Global and the Droid X are basically the same phone, so I'm not surprised to see someone who has a Droid X having nearly identical problems as me. I'm now on my 3rd Droid 2 in a span of a couple of weeks and maybe third times the charm... I haven't been having any serious overheating problems since I've had the phone, even though its only been 3 days and I haven't really done anything with it yet.
2 days ago, I was talking to a Verizon tech support guy and he basically told me to start a log of when the phone overheats. Example: Signal strength, charging, what apps I'm using, etc. I used my GPS for 30 minutes yesterday and everything seemed normal. No overheating and my battery was fine.
I think if I were you, I would take the phone into a Verizon store and ask them why your battery dies so fast. I did that and they sent me an extended battery. This new battery literally lasts all day while using apps, gps, talking, whatever. I love it. And ask them to replace your X with an X that doesn't get hot enough to cook on.
If Verizon won't fix the situation for you, file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Verizon and your problem will be solved VERY quickly. I did that in December of 2010 when I had the original Droid 1... Only had that phone for 6 months and it started going crazy. Had some serious problems with it. Nobody at Verizon would do anything. Filed a complaint with the BBB, about a week later I got a call from an executive from Verizon, I explained everything, 2 weeks later I received a brand new Droid 2 Global, fresh out of the box. But that was after she exhausted all other options.
So the best thing for you to do is to contact Verizon, have them replace your X along with a new battery. Any point down the road if you're still having the same problems with your X, contact Verizon again. If they fail to provide you with a properly working phone, file a complaint against Verizon with a consumer agency (Better Business Bureau), within a few weeks time, you'll have a brand new phone and it'll probably end up being the X2.