Droid Original System Files Deleted

Lecook

Reaction score
Okay so I basically messed up big time and accidentally deleted a few stock apk files that are apparently necessary using Root Uninstaller.
Is there anyway I can get them back?
The ones I deleted were:
contacts
contacts storage
contacts sync

OP
L

Lecook

Reaction score
Actually, the situation got worse :/
I tried to factory reset but now it won't even go past the first screen where you "touch the droid to begin" for activation.
Is there any way that I can completely reset the phone's factory settings with an image or something?
My phone is still rooted because I can still reach the boot screen by pushing x+power.

Also, bad planning on my part, I did not make any backups or anything. At this point I think I may have a completely empty phone and SD card.

REMilk

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1. I used this method to go back to stock 2.01. (MY Droid has an electrical short in it and I do this about once a week - for only 1 more week)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html

First make sure your Droid is fully charged before doing this. Data on the SD card is not affected.

1. on #3 When it says holding "up" on the DPAD depands on whether you are holding the phone horizontal or vertical. Since I was holding my Droid in the vertical direction, you hold "right" on the DPAD. If you hold your Droid horizontally, the you press the DPAD in the up position.

If you hold the DPAD down correctly, you will get basicaaly a blank screen with the words BOOTSTRAP (and other words) on it.

My DPAD is very sensitive so I use a ballpoint pen to ensure I am holding it correctly.

After you are back to 2.01, I recommend that you plug your Droid into the AC Adapter until the updates are applied.

Once I was back to 2.01, I just accepted all the updates over the air. This took about an hour. Remember you must manually accept each of the updates.

Once all the updates were applied, I updated all stock apps. Finally, I re-added my apps from the App Market or Amazon.

I found that the App Market does NOT remember 100% of all the free apps that you downloaded (for me all purchased apps were remembered), so I picked up as many of the free apps from Amazon, then the remainder from the APP Market.

Good Luck,
Bob

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, the situation got worse :/
I tried to factory reset but now it won't even go past the first screen where you "touch the droid to begin" for activation.
Is there any way that I can completely reset the phone's factory settings with an image or something?
My phone is still rooted because I can still reach the boot screen by pushing x+power.

Also, bad planning on my part, I did not make any backups or anything. At this point I think I may have a completely empty phone and SD card.

Go into recovery.

Download the rom you want to install on your computer.

Transfer to your phone by mounting your phone.

Wipe data/cache.

Install.

Reboot.

OP
L

Lecook

Reaction score
I have a Droid 1. I used this method to go back to stock 2.01. (MY Droid has an electrical short in it and I do this about once a week - for only 1 more week)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html

First make sure your Droid is fully charged before doing this. Data on the SD card is not affected.

1. on #3 When it says holding "up" on the DPAD depands on whether you are holding the phone horizontal or vertical. Since I was holding my Droid in the vertical direction, you hold "right" on the DPAD. If you hold your Droid horizontally, the you press the DPAD in the up position.

If you hold the DPAD down correctly, you will get basicaaly a blank screen with the words BOOTSTRAP (and other words) on it.

My DPAD is very sensitive so I use a ballpoint pen to ensure I am holding it correctly.

After you are back to 2.01, I recommend that you plug your Droid into the AC Adapter until the updates are applied.

Once I was back to 2.01, I just accepted all the updates over the air. This took about an hour. Remember you must manually accept each of the updates.

Once all the updates were applied, I updated all stock apps. Finally, I re-added my apps from the App Market or Amazon.

I found that the App Market does NOT remember 100% of all the free apps that you downloaded (for me all purchased apps were remembered), so I picked up as many of the free apps from Amazon, then the remainder from the APP Market.

Good Luck,
Bob

Yep, I found the same tutorial already. For anyone viewing, this method of flashing original firmware does work. Thanks Bob