droid not turning on after 2.2 update

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
Me and my mom both have the droid and I got my update yesterday and it was fine.she got hers this morning and now her droid will not turn on. It gets stuck at the motorolla logo screen. I read online that this was happening to many people and so I went to my verizon store to get it fixed. They told me there was nothing they could do but replace the phone but since the glass on the screen had a crack in it I had to go through insurance. So I called the insurance company and they told me there was nothing they could do for me because of the crack and I would have to pay full retail for a new phone. Does this sound crazy to anyone else? What am I paying insurance for if I'm going to have to pay full retail for a crack? I could understand if this only happened to me but it is a known problem that the update was doing this to phones I don't understand how they could try to blame it on a crack that has been there for months. Has anyone else had problems with them replacing your phone after the update?

legnadibrom

Reaction score
I'd call Verizon about the known issue, but not mention the crack, they should send out a replacement with a return sticker so you can send back the broken one without charge

OP
C

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
I went to the store and they saw the crack and noted it in my account. They said they would send me a replacement phone but also send me a bill for full retail value. I have the extended insurance also so I'm not understanding why i would have to pay full retail.

OP
C

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
but it is just a crack in the glass..it doesnt affect the screen at all its just a surface crack.

legnadibrom

Reaction score
If you were at the store why didn't they just give you a new one? Why are they sending it in the mail? Call customer support and see if they give you same story as the store,
in my experience, cell phone stores are more about making money off you rather than really trying to help,
customer care on the phone is primarily for assistance, not for sucking more money from the customer so that'd be a better way to go, I'd think

OP
C

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
The store told me that since there was a crack in the screen it was an insurance issue. they didn't want to hear anything i had to say about the update. They are looking for me to pay full retail for a new phone which i refuse to do when i have insurance and did not cause this problem.

legnadibrom

Reaction score
Stop *****ing about the store and CALL VERIZON CUSTOMER HELP LINE PLEASE

OP
C

cheerupemokid875

Reaction score
this is a tech issue forum your suppose to complain about your phone not working. and if you read what i wrote i have contacted the tech support and went to the store. I'm seeing if anyone else was treated this way for a Verizon caused issue.

legnadibrom

Reaction score
Actually, you never mentioned you called the tech support,
your posts are totally unorganized and difficult to decipher, similar to alien hieroglyphics,
I suggest you contact VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE and get a free replacement phone sent to you immediately