Droid Not Completely "Formatting"?

CEHudgins

Reaction score
Hi All,
Long time lurker and first time poster. I ran into an issue today while setting up my Droid. For some reason, all of the settings aren't completely resetting when I factory reset through the security menu or when I use the "hold x / power on, flash / up volume" to reset. Every time I do it it always leaves settings left behind, for instance the preloaded wallpaper stays the same from what I changed it to (Not the default gray stone one, but another preloaded one), my volume settings and alert tones stay the same, and my applications are downloading on their own even though I turned off the ability to sync with my GMail account.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to COMPLETELY reset this like it just came out of the box?

I am looking forward to some more work and looking into ROMs but the amount of information here is definitely overwhelming, if you have any links you may could direct a true noob to, it would be greatly appreciated :) Thank you all!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too have noticed that after doing a wipe or even a factory data reset that certain things still remain, for example my bookmarks are still visable on the Droid.

However I don't believe I've see the apps load without logging in first. That doesn't make sense.

OP
C

CEHudgins

Reaction score
Bump before I leave for a few hours in hopes that someone else has had this issue before.

brando56894

Reaction score
If you truly want it back to stock like the day you got it you could reflash the 2.0.1 SBF which will erase everything (except the sdcard).

I do it occasionally after Ive switched roms multiple times and stuff starts to screw up a lot.

OP
C

CEHudgins

Reaction score
Could you point me in the right direction to do that, please

OP
C

CEHudgins

Reaction score
Doh, I am so sorry, when I posted the reply before this one I was actually posting from my droid and did not see that there was a link included in your text. Thanks so much :)

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Also, try setting up a new google account. I believe that this occurs because your using the same google account, and it starts these tasks before you get a chance to turn off the sync. Either that, or it forces the initial sync regardless of whether or not you want it to.