Droid noob - PLEASE HELP!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I will admit I am not familiar with flashing to different services. Does metropcs have 3g? I can do some digging and see what I find. I know others have flashed droids to metropcs so I know this does work. I'm at work now so am limited to what I can do.

Sent from my Droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
http://m.youtube.com/watch?client=mv-google&v=B1bH7cRkrKI

That video might help....its a how to flash droid to metropcs vid. They don't have 3g so internet will be slow on your phone but should work.

Sent from my Droid

h8louzn

Reaction score
Ok so I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer...
I am new to this so please take it easy on me.. LOL

I have tried to install sg 6.0.1 I hear it great. I can get thru the set up and reboot the phone but all it does is stay in the boot loop.. I get (droid then blue eye then the colorful X then droid then blue eye then X) OK you get the picture.. What am I doing wrong I have removed it twice and installed it twice and even downloaded it twice and get the same result..
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer...
I am new to this so please take it easy on me.. LOL

I have tried to install sg 6.0.1 I hear it great. I can get thru the set up and reboot the phone but all it does is stay in the boot loop.. I get (droid then blue eye then the colorful X then droid then blue eye then X) OK you get the picture.. What am I doing wrong I have removed it twice and installed it twice and even downloaded it twice and get the same result..
Any help would be greatly appreciated..

I can think of a few items that my be the problem.
First, is your battery sufficiently charged?
Second, the download (Rom file) was somehow corrupted.

So, options-- Typically, when changing roms the battery should not be lower than 60%. Download the SG rom again. Make sure the download completes.

Finally, are you using SPRecovery or Rom Manager? Currently, Rom Manager is causing lots of problems so you may consider SPR. What ever process you are using I trust you made a backup.
Mike

h8louzn

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply.. I was using rom manager. but what ended up working is to do a factory reset and wipe case and now loaded and working. Just need to finish reading, my wifi wont connect and got to figure out the maps thing I have read about...

droidx305

Reaction score
droid x factory resetted and now cant activate phone i need HELP :(

my droid x flashed to metro pcs has been working just fine.
i decided to do a factory reset . but it made it worse . i cant activate
my phone now. i need all the help i can get . it takes me to a dial pad
i dont know what to do next . please help im loosig my head here.:icon_eek:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
you mean to just activate your phone so you can make calls and such?? dial *228, and select option 1 - is that what you're looking for??