Droid Moobee, First post

raylet

Reaction score
Droid Noobee, First post

Hey all, I'm a first time smartphone user with a new Droid2. I know there will be a lot to learn from this forum once I start looking around. I have one initial question that I'll be looking for an answer to. When my Droid is in the sleep mode (screen dark) there is a little LED that's flashing in the upper RH corner of the screen. There are times it's green and times it's red. I can't, for the life of me, find any info on this little flashing LED. What is it?

While I'm waiting for a response, I search the forum. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tb110895

Reaction score
It means you have a notification.
For instance, the LED turns green with texts, emails, missed calls, etc.
If you have the facebook app, those LED notifications will be blue. If you use aim, it will be red. Different apps use different colors, though I think most of the Motorola notifications are green.
There are apps to change the colors too.

OP
R

raylet

Reaction score
It means you have a notification.
For instance, the LED turns green with texts, emails, missed calls, etc.
If you have the facebook app, those LED notifications will be blue. If you use aim, it will be red. Different apps use different colors, though I think most of the Motorola notifications are green.
There are apps to change the colors too.
Thanks for the response. I'm not sure what "aim" is but I have seen the red flash. I know I have a LOT to learn and I know it will take time.

OP
R

raylet

Reaction score
None other than this threads. There are the signal strength and time and battery cond. and 3G, that's it. Once I read the new replies, the green stopped. I have only seen the red a couple of times but I'm not aware of anything going on. Now that I know what the LED is for, I can try and monitor it and figure out what the red on is.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Red means low battery, usually. "Warning! Warning, Will Robinson!"

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
R

raylet

Reaction score
Well alright then. Things are going good otherwise. I learn new things, very cool things, about this device every day. My wife is getting annoyed at the time I kill on this thing. Thanks for the help so far, now to start browsing this forum to learn more.