Droid maxx vs lg g3 vs turbo battery questiins

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I have a droid maxx that does everything I want but the battery doesn't last as long as when it was new
I found some replacement batteries listed on amazon but I can't find a good you tube video that shows how to replace it only a teardown video for the xt-1080 that doesn't show the battery replacment. Anybody know of a video that shows how?

Separately I think the lg g3 and lg4 look good except not crazy about the buttons on back instead if side and the battery isn't as large but I like the interface. Does the battery last as long on the g3

Also the droid turbo looks good except for the one antenna making internet and calling work only on volte and dropped calls going from 4g to 3g on volte. Not crazy about the dialer compared to the maxx and lg dialers for portioning of the favorites

I hope moto comes out with a long battery phone that with 2 antennas like the maxx

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If you love the maxx and want to keep it... if it's only the battery not lasting as long that bothers you.....
Consider sending it back to the factory for a replacement. Usually around 50 bucks. Good as new.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
My G3 battery lasted all day, but that really depends on how it's used. No one has the G4 yet so can't help you there.
As for the buttons on the back. It's something you need to get use to. Once you do you'll probably agree that it makes sense.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Agree about G3 buttons. Sounded strange to me until I held one. It's really pretty nice.

I would certainly try contacting Moto though via online chat at the very least. I did that and they offered to replace my battery for F R E E. Seriously. Not saying that's an offer everyone will get, but it can't hurt to ask.

Motorola Support - Find Answers Motorola Mobility Inc.

R

RETG

I have an G3 and considering dropping it for a Turbo, or maybe wait a few months and get a newer model, whatever it might be. I am not impressed with the G3, but will say I like the rear button; it is more natural. You will get used to it in no time.

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
Pere how long did it take for you to ship your phone and get it back from moto support. Also I have been playing with the g3 in the store and I might be able to get used to it if I got it

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Sorry I didn't make it clear. I did not opt to send my phone back at the time. I was just exploring the option. But he did say it should take 3 days after they receive my phone -or- they could put a hold on a credit card, send me a new one and give me xx days to send the old one back.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
I just got the LG g4 I am gonna see how long the battery will last so far not as good as new Droid jazz or turbo battery but there is a morphine case I can get and I hope they make an extended battery and back case as well that should Best the jazz if they do

OP
SMYDSMITH

SMYDSMITH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Turbo 2
G4 beating my old maxx battery
But not as long as a new maxx battery also have found that if i use a charging cable that has output 5 when i have zero battery it will charge but the cables that say output 5.1 the lg g4 says use csble that came with device and doesn't charge but will if the device isnt at zero

Last edited: