droid m /washing machine

jhuafan2

Reaction score
my son left his droid razr m in his pants pocket and it got washed. even dried about five minutes. this morning the phone will work only when plugged into a charger. unplug from phone charger and it goes dead. anyone have any ideas what I should do. as far as I know everything works phone calls apps ect.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
After it got wet, the best thing to do is throw it in an uncooked bowl of rice. Turning it on and off/plugging it in can cause more damage. The best thing now may be to send in for a replacement.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ditto on gocliff. Let the phone sit in rice for a couple days. If it is not 100% dry, turning it on or using it can cause it to short circuit. It may seem to work fine while plugged in now (which is a good sign) but if there is still water in the phone, it will only take a tiny drop to hit a circuit and cause it to short out. Unfortunately, water damage is not covered under warranty.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Never, never, never try to turn it on until it is dried out. Yup, put it in a bag of rice for a day or two. I've also found a dehumidifier works well also, maybe better. Then try it again. I think you might be surprised it will work. My Droid X went "swimming" 4 times and still works to this day and it isn't nearly as water-tight as the M.
With the M being more water tight it will also be harder to dry out too. So give it plenty of time to dry. Taking it apart isn't a bad idea also to further drying it out.

Last edited:

lwags67

Reaction score
Our daughter's baby, at about 1 year, got a hold of her D2G and wanted to chew on it. Got so much slobber on it, it would not start. We ran a hair dryer on it at low heat for a good bit and it worked! Still running fine one year later.