droid locks on calls

bodiegerm

Reaction score
:motdroidvert:eek:k whenever i make a call on my droid the screen locks as soon as the phone hits my ear and i have to put in a pattern just to hang up or do anything else. my wifes droid doesnt do this so i know there is some way to change this. anyone have any idea?

OP
bodiegerm

bodiegerm

Reaction score
the require pattern is turned on, on both phones but she doesnt have to enter her pattern when she is talking on her phone just to hang up.

msmoger

Reaction score
What's a "Pattern"??

Excuse my ignorance guys, but what's a "Pattern"?

Thanks,

Vladimir

Reaction score
Ive had the lock issue as well this is after I installed a flashlight app, it either kept the screen from ever turning off, or locking it after a second lol, check your apps.

thedefectkid

Reaction score

Thanks,

You can either chose to have just that unlock button or use the security pattern that is found in the setting>security section of your phone check it out! haha :icon_ banana:

gdoane

Reaction score

Thanks,

I've seen a Motorola tech do it. It's a series of dots that comes up on the screen and you go from dot to dot in a pattern to unlock the phone. It prevents unauthorized use if the phone is lost or stolen.

I don't mess with it because it looks like a pain.

OP
bodiegerm

bodiegerm

Reaction score
got in touch with droid tech
Subject: Re: Droid Tech
Message: Okay the Motorola Droid has a proximity sensor so when it detects the phone near you cheek/face it locks so it doesn't accidentally start pushing the options with your face since it is a very sensitive touch screen it requires just a little tap even on the face so thats why the screen turns black when you move it toward your face and resumes when you put in it in your hand again to hang up on all the droid. Your phone may be defected because its not suppose to show you the unlock screen it should take you straight to the menu for the phone being if you would like to use bluetooth, dial another number using the keypad and show the duration of the call and the number in which the phone is calling/in use

bikerboy

Reaction score
How about Skype and fring calling ? is it suppose to lock the screen too ? because i remember after have a 10 min call on fring i had several apps open

gdoane

Reaction score
got in touch with droid tech
Subject: Re: Droid Tech
Message: Okay the Motorola Droid has a proximity sensor so when it detects the phone near you cheek/face it locks so it doesn't accidentally start pushing the options with your face since it is a very sensitive touch screen it requires just a little tap even on the face so thats why the screen turns black when you move it toward your face and resumes when you put in it in your hand again to hang up on all the droid. Your phone may be defected because its not suppose to show you the unlock screen it should take you straight to the menu for the phone being if you would like to use bluetooth, dial another number using the keypad and show the duration of the call and the number in which the phone is calling/in use

Interesting, thanks for posting that. It seems it only does that when it's in phone mode. I tried putting my finger over the sensor (it's right over the Motorola at the top/left side of the phone depending on orientation) without the phone on and all it did was dim the screen, not black it out. Apparently it thought it was dark. My iPod Touch does the same thing if it's dark so the screen isn't too bright in dim lighting.

I called my landline (weekend, free minutes, perfect time to explore the Droid) and my Droid worked pretty much just like the tech rep said it should.