Droid Locater

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
droid-locater.jpg

uLocate the makers of the popular GPS based Where App has provided a great way to track Verizon Droids as they leave the shelves of Verizon, Bestbuy, Walmart, and other stores and into the hands of happy (hopefully) customers. Once installed it tracks a small bit of information such as model of phone and geographical location and reports back to the maker. The app can be downloaded from the Android Market and does some cool stuff. Oh and the best part, it's free!

"WHERE is a bundle of cool GPS apps all wrapped into one. Are you looking for the hottest restaurants, jonesing for your next coffee fix, or need a cheap fill-up? Maybe you want to know the local weather, traffic or headlines? Whatever you are after, WHERE has it."

According to uLocate, the top Droided cities are:

* New York, NY
* Los Angeles, CA
* Washington, DC
* San Francisco, CA
* Philadelphia, PA
* Baltimore, MD
* Boston, MA
* Chicago, IL
* Riverside, CA
* Phoenix, AZ

For more information Visit: WHERE app on the Motorola Droid

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very Nice...

Need a "Where's the cheap petrol" app BAD!!!!

There is a Gas Prices option within Where! You can preset the fuel type you are interested in and it will give you the prices of that fuel around you and the distance to it :)

J

JohnDroid

Just installed it, looks like a handy app. I couldn't figure out how to show the location of Droids near me though.

Zippster

Reaction score
uLocate the makers of the popular GPS based Where App has provided a great way to track Verizon Droids as they leave the shelves of Verizon, Bestbuy, Walmart, and other stores and into the hands of happy (hopefully) customers.

Why would I want to let anyone know where my phone is?

You personally may not, it is simply a fun app for people to see how many other droids are out there.

mwinne

Reaction score
uLocate the makers of the popular GPS based Where App has provided a great way to track Verizon Droids as they leave the shelves of Verizon, Bestbuy, Walmart, and other stores and into the hands of happy (hopefully) customers.

That,s what I was thinking. I don't want people to know where i am all the time.

Getaphixx

Reaction score

That,s what I was thinking. I don't want people to know where i am all the time.

LOL...

"They" already do!!!!!!

D

DroidMastar

LOL yeah this app is not really "Amazing"... So what that it broadcasts your\your droid location to the world? And "They" know where you are is right... But now so do "I" :p

Inundated

Reaction score
Presumably anonymous "there's a Droid here at X location" data? Harmless.

If that map means anything, it looks like my home area (Northeast Ohio/Cleveland/Akron/Canton) is pretty well represented.