Droid Issues

L0ST3489

Reaction score
I purchased my Droid by Motorola at Best Buy last week and I am now on my third one. The first one the touch screen was not functioning properly. My second one I went back hours later because of the dust under the screen. My third one has been good, but the backlight buttons on the button have faint lighting on the home key and its bothering me. The fiasco thus far has been with Best Buy, I think they think I am crazy or hate me because I am on phone number three. Can I go to Verizon for phone number 4? Any help would be appreciated. When I tilt the phone and look like at the light that is under the buttons at bottom of the screen the left one is a brighter white like led type of white compared to a yellowish white light for the right side. The home key is the worst part. Will Verizon do anything for me?

LordKastle

Reaction score
if you can bring it in and show a legitimate fault with the device then yes..if you are being a hypochondriac or are having self-induced delusions, then they will likely turn you away

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
take it back to best buy and get yur money back then go get a droid from verizon?

shademar

Reaction score
My local VZW physical store didn't care about backlight issues the two times I stopped in there. (I won't recall the story here but it involved lots of unfriendly incredulity. =p Apparently, I *am* that self-induced delusional hypochondriac...)

It really does seem to be a very common (but by no means universal) issue. Good luck with whatever you decide to do I've just decided to suck it up and cope with the bleed, especially after I had to replace the phone for entirely unrelated issues and the new one came in with the exact same problem, only worse. =D

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My local VZW physical store didn't care about backlight issues the two times I stopped in there. (I won't recall the story here but it involved lots of unfriendly incredulity. =p Apparently, I *am* that self-induced delusional hypochondriac...)

It really does seem to be a very common (but by no means universal) issue. Good luck with whatever you decide to do I've just decided to suck it up and cope with the bleed, especially after I had to replace the phone for entirely unrelated issues and the new one came in with the exact same problem, only worse. =D

The "backlight issue" you are referring to is not an issue. It happens to the Storm as well. The light bleeds a bit and that's the way it is. That's why Verizon doesn't care about it.

This has been discussed to death in this forum. Dust under the screen is a perfectly good reason to bring the Droid back, though how that can happen is beyond me. But complaining about the light bleeding is simply not understanding. If this still bothers you replace it with a Storm 2 and tell us how that works out for you.

OP
L

L0ST3489

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone, I don't know what I am going to do. I think I am going to get the insurance through VZ not Best Buy and just deal with it and if another issue ie headphone jack, keyboard slider, or something else arises i'll get a fresh one.

shademar

Reaction score

The "backlight issue" you are referring to is not an issue. It happens to the Storm as well. The light bleeds a bit and that's the way it is. That's why Verizon doesn't care about it.

This has been discussed to death in this forum. Dust under the screen is a perfectly good reason to bring the Droid back, though how that can happen is beyond me. But complaining about the light bleeding is simply not understanding. If this still bothers you replace it with a Storm 2 and tell us how that works out for you.

If I didn't accurately transmit my sentiments of not really caring about it, let me clarify: it bugged me for a bit. I got over it. I expect this is a common trajectory with anything shiny, new and expensive.

I brought it up to explain two things: a) what would happen if he/she took it into VZW; and b) the fact that it is common across many phones.

I'm not trying to ***** here, but don't let that get in your way.