Droid Incredible owner

deesigner2

Reaction score
Hello
Have had a Droid Incredible for 3 months. at this point, more thumbs down than up.
Two big issues
1) 3G drops to 1X
2) email app freezes/errors out with "activity mail in application mail is not responding." force close or wait are the only options, which do not resolve anything.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Sorry ur having issues. Dant really help in regards to reception. But ur email, is it gmail or .... what email app are u using?

OP
D

deesigner2

Reaction score
email woes

using the std droid mail app, configured with cox.net account. since i do send/receive emails from time to time, i know it is configured correctly. plus i changed password and applied it to the account on the PC and on the Droid. sent a test email to confirm.
there are two cox email accts on the phone. the primary one is used the most and locks up/errors out with the specific error i listed. gmail is set up also, but the main use is for the calendar.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
using the std droid mail app, configured with cox.net account. since i do send/receive emails from time to time, i know it is configured correctly. plus i changed password and applied it to the account on the PC and on the Droid. sent a test email to confirm.
there are two cox email accts on the phone. the primary one is used the most and locks up/errors out with the specific error i listed. gmail is set up also, but the main use is for the calendar.

Hmm OK so ur emails are set in My Accounts correct? Try to clear cache from ur main menu. Click Settings/Applications/Manage applications/Running. Search for ur email accts including gmail, click on it and click clear cache.
Sometimes when a whole lot of data is coming thru, we need to free up some things on the device. U can also do that for other running apps such as games. U may wanna reboot once in awhile also.
Hope it gets resolved

OP
D

deesigner2

Reaction score
email woes

OK i will try that tonight. have removed battery, reset the ph, update with 228*. will let you know tomorrow and thx for idea. dare i say blackberry never did this......

OP
D

deesigner2

Reaction score
email woes

no, u r ok. i can send and receive...when the Droid does not lock up and give me a white screen of death or that mail app error.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
OK i will try that tonight. have removed battery, reset the ph, update with 228*. will let you know tomorrow and thx for idea. dare i say blackberry never did this......

its a little transition from BB, trust me. many of us are former BB users. it'll work itself out. but I hear u lol

ALOHA from Hawaii

OP
D

deesigner2

Reaction score
email and other woes

cleared the cache last night for all email accts.
however, still get the white screen of death, freezing, force closure dialog box. this is happening with all apps...CNN, whatever.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
cleared the cache last night for all email accts.
however, still get the white screen of death, freezing, force closure dialog box. this is happening with all apps...CNN, whatever.

Is apps itself that are force closing? Many apps like CNN after an update may force close. I uninstalled mine on the Xoom because the app wasn't working well with the new Honeycomb upgrade. The other option would be to factory reset

OP
D

deesigner2

Reaction score
email and other woes

the phone just freezes almost immediately no matter what the task. apps, emails, etc. this is my second phone BTW, so we started all over. VZ bounces me to Google. Google...well no live person there. VZ now tells me i live in a dead zone for reception and this is why i drop to 1X. i am not going to spend 250 bucks for a lan booster that will make the phone allegedly work better when i am home. actually phone is home most of the time as it is hubby's.