Droid Incredible connects to WiFi, but doesn't allow internet access

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you rooted?

If so can you try another kernel?

Sent from my RZRecovery'd Overclocked, and ROM'd Droid.

OP
S

slappy2040

Reaction score
No..not rooted. Running the Android 2.2 update that was provided. Also forgot to mention that with my current settings, I connect to my wifi immediately...but I cannot access the internet once connected. I tried to ping my phone from the router settings page and it communicated withno problems. I'm stumped and frustrated at this point.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would make a static IP on your phone within the range of your router, and then put your phone's IP in the DMZ in the router. This is an un firewalled connection. That's all I have left.

Sent from my RZRecovery'd Overclocked, and ROM'd Droid.

OP
S

slappy2040

Reaction score
Thanks for the last effort guidot. Unfortunately it didn't work. My phone continues to connect immediately to the network. And pings from the router setup are successful. But the phone will just not connect to the internet. I'm baffled and maybe thinking of taking it in to the Verizon store.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

rshu

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I tried turning off static ip and although it still connected to the network, it still won't connect to the internet. Any other ideas?

do you happen to have your router set up so it only recognizes devices through a MAC address?

Hi! I'm hoping you can help me because I just moved into a new apartment and then got a new phone. To connect to the apartment wireless network, I needed to provide them with a MAC address for my phone and my computer. I did so with no trouble for the computer and for the first night, my phone also worked. However, it stopped working and it continuously searches for the the IP Address. I'm not sure if I messed up a setting somewhere on my phone, but it is driving me insane. Do you have any advice or ideas how to get it to work again?

Thanks!