Droid freezes on me.

jgastonej

Reaction score
My droid 2 keeps freezing on me so I have to reset it by taking off my battery. Any one know what the problems is and how to get rid of it?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
Sounds like a junk app. I would get appsaver or titanium, save all your apps, back up your contacts to verizon as well as gmail (instructions on backing up contacts can be found in this forum) then factory reset. install a couple of apps at a time and see how it acts. I've put my phone through hell and it has NEVER locked up so somethings wrong, but I doubt its a huge problem, most of the time a factory reset will make your phone run smoother. Are you rooted? have you checked to see if your phone has any updates availible? How long are you letting it chill frozen before you yank the battery? Are you trying to open a certain app when it freezes?

OP
J

jgastonej

Reaction score
I don't wait that long. I take it out and put it right back in. I turn it on and unlock it then wait to for the widgets to load up completely.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try a factory reset and run your phone with very little apps. If it persists unroor if you are rooted and get a replacement.