Droid Forums OFFICIAL User Endorsed Applications.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
2011dfapps.png

The members have spoken and we now have the Top 5 DF's user endorsed applications. On December 16th, 2011 we held a contest for our readers and members to list their Top 5 applications that everyone should use. In exchange for that info they were automatically entered to win a Google Chromebook.

After hundreds of entries and thousands of applications listed the DF's Official selection is as follows:

1. Beautiful Widgets
2. Titanium Back-up
3. ROM Manager
4. Droid Forums Application
5. Google Maps

Rounding out the list to make the Top 10 were:

6. Google Music
7. Handcent
8. ADW Launcher EX
9. Dolphin Browser
10. Launcher Pro

Honorable mentions go to Root Explorer and Superuser.

We thank everyone who participated. If you haven't already downloaded some of these great apps what are you waiting for? Give em a shot and support those developers. Enjoy!

pyro6128

Reaction score
I used to be a big fan of launcherpro, but with zero updates in over a year I began to get frustrated. I only kept it for the calendar widget. Then I found go launcher and its calendar widget and immediately switched over. Now that I have ICS i don't use a launcher anymore, but man I hope that Launcherpro update Fede has been working on all this time is worth all the wait.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see the DroidForums App @ #4 on the list! dancedroid

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used to be a big fan of launcherpro, but with zero updates in over a year I began to get frustrated. I only kept it for the calendar widget. Then I found go launcher and its calendar widget and immediately switched over. Now that I have ICS i don't use a launcher anymore, but man I hope that Launcherpro update Fede has been working on all this time is worth all the wait.

It is so good it doesn't need updates! :)

Seriously I use it, and I didn't even realize that support for had disappeared. Strange.

sparty569

Reaction score
I would be glad to use the build in ICS launcher, if it gave the ability to change the grid to 4x5 and offer infinite loop.

Waiting to see Nova Launcher's updates, since these are already available and upcoming, respectively.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P

I'm totally with you on this. I still use LauncherPro to this day, but the fact that there doesn't seem to have been any movement on the project since July has me about ready to jump ship. In fact, I almost defected a few weeks ago when ADW Launcher Ex was on the market for 10 cents. I happened to check the official forums for the app, and one of the mods claimed that Fede is still actively working on the rewrite. I hope she was correct, because I really enjoy this app!

Once I cash in my upgrade, I may use that as an opportunity to switch launchers if there haven't been any official announcements made regarding LP. I'd be willing to try Go Launcher, as I was happy with Go Weather before switching to Beautiful Widgets. I'm still not sure which one I prefer, to be honest.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Good list. Though, I'm really surprise to see Go Launcher not there.

techRob

Reaction score
I'm still torn about how to feel in regards to apps that require the user to root their phone. :happy3:
(as far as "endorsed" apps go...but I guess that makes sense....to a point)

meh...i dunno....4 of the 10 just don't feel right and ADW / Launcher Pro should be on the same peg (my opinion).

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of those apps have a common pattern: constant updates. Aside from Launcher Pro (which has not seen any real meaningful update, c'mon fede!) these apps have great developers behind them keeping them updated.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wow, I have 7 of those on my stock Nexus, was gonna grab LP but have enjoyed stock so far. I've been using LP for almost 2 years and never had an issue and will probably try it out here soon, it's been that solid w/o updates. If it isn't broke don't fix it I guess.

kparks

Reaction score
im surprised DF app is so high when i voted on page like 8 i was one of only a few to even list it... and i saw alot more go sms app votes than handsent... hmmm i want a recount LOL:D

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
im surprised DF app is so high when i voted on page like 8 i was one of only a few to even list it... and i saw alot more go sms app votes than handsent... hmmm i want a recount LOL:D

Honestly, the DF app is ny most used app on my phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kparks

Reaction score
Honestly, the DF app is ny most used app on my phone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
its one of my most used apps also.. but i didnt see where many people were putting it down as a vote maybe it picked up in the later pages idk.

Last edited: