Droid Forums Announces Project Liberty

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DroidForum/ IncredibleForum 4th of July Theme Contest

animated-flag1.gif

We are going to have a contest to commemorate the birth of our nation. The contest is to see who can come up with the best themed droid.

There will be three categories; rooted droid, stock droid, and incredible.

Each contestant will have one post to submit their theme. They can submit a video or a screen shot. They must include pictures to verify that it is rooted or stock by showing us the about phone and the app drawer verifying whether they have superuser or not.

The rules are as followed:
1) one post per contestant 2) may not have any political views (do not care how any one feel about the current or former administration all politics are grounds for DQ) 3) Have to be submitted in the particular time frame. 4) must be of good taste and keep it G rated. 5) absolutely no flaming, flaming will result in DQ.

july4-flag2.jpg

The contest will take place from June 26-27. Voting will take place between Jun 28-30th. The winners will have their droid and the steps how they themed it on the home page on the 4th of July. Any one that submits a theme can post the steps in the news section after the contest is over.

Any Droidforum and/or HTC Incredible Forum member can participate except RS members and voting mods/admins. Each member can only submit one theme no matter if it is for rooted droid, stock droid, or incredible. Even if they have all 3 phones...one post one theme. Winners will receive a $50.00 Gift Card to Amazon.com. This thread will be for Q&A only, a new thread will be opened for entries. We are looking for originality!

We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to Pilotcharles747 and the ENTIRE DF Rescue Squad for putting this contest together!

megawatz

Reaction score
I'm excited to see what people come up with on this contest, I might do one myself but i'm not efficient in signal and battery strength icons and others. Although this might just be the time for me to learn! GLTA!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Basically no theme or anything bashing any administration, person, or something that could cause a political war. You can make a theme without doing that, and if not then it will be DQ'ed

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what people come up with on this contest, I might do one myself but i'm not efficient in signal and battery strength icons and others. Although this might just be the time for me to learn! GLTA!

Everyone can submit an entry. There are 3 categories so if you are not comfortable building a 4th of july based theme for a rooted droid, then give it a shot for stock. You may be surprised what you are able to do.

megawatz

Reaction score
my Droid is rooted, I just havent done any work with making custom icons and the like. lol. My category will be rooted.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
my Droid is rooted, I just havent done any work with making custom icons and the like. lol. My category will be rooted.

Good luck to you; looking forward to seeing what you guys do.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gentleman I am going to ask you to keep your political views from this thread altogether. The 4th of July is a celebration and the contest is meant to be fun for all. I could get in to a rant here but it's not needed.

As you can see I have cleaned this thread and expect it to stay on Topic please.Thanks

Miami

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
How do you take a screen shot if you're not rooted?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you take a screen shot if you're not rooted?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
If they have the sdk set up on their computer, they can use that, but if not, they will have to use a seperate camera. Maybe we should link to a guide on how to set up the sdk for those who aren't rooted?

Mojo

Reaction score
If you dl the sdk I believe you can use that for screen shots. I will look for the thread that's got the how to.