Droid flashlight app for froyo

Jameshpatterson

Reaction score
I know there was a lot of fuss over working flashlight apps for froyo. I stumbled across a little gem yesterday called switchpro widget. Allows to create a bar with up to 7 toggle switches. I personally use wifi, bluetooth, flashlight, auto-rotate, and reboot. All work great with my 2.2 rom. Worth the buck!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there was a lot of fuss over working flashlight apps for froyo. I stumbled across a little gem yesterday called switchpro widget. Allows to create a bar with up to 7 toggle switches. I personally use wifi, bluetooth, flashlight, auto-rotate, and reboot. All work great with my 2.2 rom. Worth the buck!

hmmm...we had this little thing called a second leak of Froyo. Perhaps you missed it? In the second version that problem about flashlights got cleared up. At least on my Droid it did.

Mulciber

Reaction score

hmmm...we had this little thing called a second leak of Froyo. Perhaps you missed it? In the second version that problem about flashlights got cleared up. At least on my Droid it did.
do you have the link for that second one?

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I know mototorch doesn't work with Kangerade for me... got Droidlight and it works fine..

Mulciber

Reaction score
Ok because moto torch does
not work

coondogg97

Reaction score

Interested in the customizable 7 toggle switch bar. Thanks, I will check it out.

Asterisk

Reaction score
So the switchpro widget flashlight doesn't work for me but TeslaLED does. Does anyone else find that odd?

Luxferro

Reaction score
thanks for the mention of the switchpro widget. it kicks ass. led light working on my froyodroid :)

removed my other flashlight.. no need now that i have a button in my power control thing :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
So the switchpro widget flashlight doesn't work for me but TeslaLED does. Does anyone else find that odd?

This is actually not unusual. On the Droid there are two ways of enabling the flash, the old method (setFlashlightEnabled), and the froyo method (FLASH_MODE_TORCH). switchpro widget uses setFlashlightEnabled and that works for some froyo roms and not others (It should work on FRF57 stock, but not necessarily on deodexed versions of it).

TeslaLED uses FLASH_MODE_TORCH when running on froyo, so it works on all the roms. This is also why TeslaLED on froyo is much brighter than the others.